President Biden

Happy Face

The old broad right (white haired Republicans) and the old skool financial elites loved Reagan and deregulation.

They had no axe to grind with Reagan and there was no analysis from the younger disaffected in the Southern rogue states or the survivalists in 'the mountains'. The birth of the new consensus on 'big Govt' and invasive Federal Agencies started around the debates about Waco, Ruby Ridge and Timmy the boy McVeigh. Camped around these three events were the seeds of the ideas around the constitution, nationalism. patriotism and resistance. It is from those moments that the ideas we can broadly call the alt-right were born.

The alt-right are deep in myth with reg to America and its a myth that Trump has exploited but nevertheless we know that myth is far more powerful than fact.

Admittedly I only see the Alt-Right through one specific channel (Milo, Breitbart, etc) but I think a substantial part of it was formed through internet counter culture and resistance to political correctness (and i note the title of that skit is political incorrectness, but even so). Islamophobia is another key aspect. I've not seen as much from them about big government.

I do think they're distinct from the tea party. I'm not even sure how patriotic the Alt Right are, I think they're about cultural identity rather than national. But obviously, I only look at them through one lens.

Admittedly I only see the Alt-Right through one specific channel (Milo, Breitbart, etc) but I think a substantial part of it was formed through internet counter culture and resistance to political correctness (and i note the title of that skit is political incorrectness, but even so). Islamophobia is another key aspect. I've not seen as much from them about big government.

I do think they're distinct from the tea party. I'm not even sure how patriotic the Alt Right are, I think they're about cultural identity rather than national. But obviously, I only look at them through one lens.

The early days of the internet was how these fringe groups came together and started to find things in common. What we now know as the alternative media is the consolidation of two or three decades of slowly growing resistance to the establishment and the centralized power structure. The gay Milo is as much a product of the hyper commodification of reality as he is the progeny of rednecks in Texas back in the day raging about encroaching gun control. As you've observed in refraction there is an ongoing war on identity and central to that war is the myth of who we are. As Mr Robot says, 'Kernel panic'.

Edited by Park Life

:lol: Official drink of President Trump

:lol: Expect a Spicer press conference that it's a ridiculous rumour that Trump drinks fight milk within the week, as preposterous as Trump wearing a dressing gown. He doesn't even own a dressing gown, or any fight milk.

:lol: Expect a Spicer press conference that it's a ridiculous rumour that Trump drinks fight milk within the week, as preposterous as Trump wearing a dressing gown. He doesn't even own a dressing gown, or any fight milk.

He definitely has a Dick Towel though. 

America has gone from the Obama Years to the Trump Years, like going from the West Wing to a sitcom where the incidental music involves a tuba. I actually think Donald Trump is going to prove a lot of people wrong, but sadly not George Orwell, Margaret Atwood, or whoever wrote the Book of Revelation. It says a lot about the man that building a giant wall isn’t even in the top five most Game of Thrones things about him. Of course, presidents always enter office with something to prove, it’s just rarely their sanity.

:lol:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/08/donald-trump-obnoxious-karma-reincarnated-as-himself-frankie-boyle?client=safari

Absolutely fucking disgraceful.

He has literally no argument here, even if Nordstrom dropped her due to political reasons they are well within their rights to do so. There is no unfair treatment, she has clearly and obviously come out in support of her father and if Nordstrom don't want to be associated with that it's their call (the same as it was her choice to be out front and centre during her fathers campaign etc, she could have distanced herself if she was really worried about backlash). No doubt there has been a drop in people buying her stuff so I can definitely see what Nordstrom said about declining sales having some truth to it anyway.

I can't see how he's going to last the full 4 years if this is the way he's going to carry on. Using the official POTUS twitter to re-issue his ridiculous statement about Nordstrom is a major issue and is exactly the sort of shite people were making a stink about before he got elected that his serial killer looking sons were denying would be a problem. 

In all honesty I'm just sick to the back teeth of how ridiculous everything is at the moment. The Under Armour CEO come out in favor of Trump calling him an "asset" so one of the star basketball players they sponsor come out and said something along the lines of "I agree with that description if you remove the -et", now all the Trump voters are wanting to buy UA stuff and the people against are wanting to boycott it. It's the same with Budweiser due to their superbowl advert which was perceived as a slight against Trump, the 84 lumber advert, Starbucks, etc. It's just fucking childish and pathetic, it's also rich that the Trump supporters are being so sensitive to any 'slight' against Trump as they spend all their time calling everyone against them liberal snowflakes.

The Starbucks thing about how they will hire 10,000 refugees prompted some veteran started coffee brand to go around saying "in response to Starbucks' decision to hire 10,000 refugees we will hire 10,000 veterans and veteran family members". What I don't understand is how the fuck is hiring refugees now a slight on veterans? Everything seems to be a fucking slight on veterans or the police (of course it's always someone else taking the slight on behalf of these people, not those communities themselves), it was also pointed out that Starbucks had already had a big drive to recruit Veterans and their family members a few years ago.

Edited by Howay

I thought snowflake was what black people called white people.

Have we taken the power back by reappropriating it?

:lol: Making America great again. I think it comes from that hot lass that puts up insane rants, she calls everyone a liberal snowflake while taking offence to everything. Of course she's just a lass who was smart enough to realize if she started taking a really conservative viewpoint on everything it would get her way more money and fame than if she tried to be an actual news reporter, I'm sometimes actually impressed at the way she can turn absolutely everything around to being offensive to Veterans, or America (of course she's wrong but it gets the people going!).

On why Americans should be criticising the Democrats looking to make the same mistakes under the radar rather than focusing entirely on Trump's will publicised horror show...

Tom Perez Apologizes for Telling the Truth, Showing Why Democrats’ Flaws Urgently Need Attention https://theintercept.com/2017/02/09/tom-perez-apologizes-for-telling-the-truth-showing-why-democrats-flaws-urgently-need-attention/

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden