President Biden

Happy Face

Was their intelligence wrong? We have no idea what they told him, whether he paid any attention to it, whether he demanded a blood & thunder plan to get the bad dudes instead of wishy washy hanging around for another meeting about boring intelligence?

What we do know is that he's their commander in chief and if he orders them to go get those baddies that's what they must do.

I think I could accept that the Trump team as a collective played this one badly. Not sure I can see Trump overruling everyone in the room about something he doesn't understand and which offers him essentially zero political capital. It all comes down to whether or not you think he's a total idiot, or whether you think he's actually dangerous. I'm more inclined to think he's the latter.

Either way, whether it was Trump himself or a collective failure from his team, the buck stops with him.

EDIT - and tbf, if it was a collective failure then I could see it being Bannon after all, as ewerk said.

Edited by Rayvin

I think I could accept that the Trump team as a collective played this one badly. Not sure I can see Trump overruling everyone in the room about something he doesn't understand and which offers him essentially zero political capital. It all comes down to whether or not you think he's a total idiot, or whether you think he's actually dangerous. I'm more inclined to think he's the latter.

Either way, whether it was Trump himself or a collective failure from his team, the buck stops with him.

EDIT - and tbf, if it was a collective failure then I could see it being Bannon after all, as ewerk said.

Climate change.

. Not sure I can see Trump overruling everyone in the room about something he doesn't understand

You can't  be serious about that surely? Have you seen his black history month speech?

Fucking hell he's talking about the lad that died. "It was a sad day, but so beautiful. The ceremony was amazing."

"my family did the best ceremonys, we burned crosses, beautiful, yuge. sad."

I bet Trump insists the lights are turned off so he can wear night vision goggles in the situation room.

"Get Melania down here. She would love this."

You're being too generous there assuming he ever thinks about her when shes not directly within his field of vision.

You read what he said about Martin Luther King? He opened by saying what a great guy he was, then somehow managed to bring it back to how mean the media is being about him.

I cannot fathom how the majority of Republicans are ok with their party being lead by this man-child. I get why the average American Trump supporter isn't turning on him; they've fully signed up to his cult and he could flipflop on every topic and they'd not bat an eye.

You can't  be serious about that surely? Have you seen his black history month speech?

"...and which offers him zero political capital" Then again, no I didn't see that speech.

I watched it :lol: Very cringeful, yes.

He clearly knows nothing about black history but I'm not sure that's too surprising for a non-politician. What is deplorable is his rambling on about CNN, the media, the bust of MLK.

I watched it :lol: Very cringeful, yes.

He clearly knows nothing about black history but I'm not sure that's too surprising for a non-politician. What is deplorable is his rambling on about CNN, the media, the bust of MLK.

Thing is, if I were to give a speech where I had to talk about Black History, I'd probably do some research on it so I didn't look like a fucking tit. He's far too arrogant though.

I watched it [emoji38] Very cringeful, yes.

I heard he was calling the bust "Lionel" before his speech started.

Thing is, if I were to give a speech where I had to talk about Black History, I'd probably do some research on it so I didn't look like a fucking tit. He's far too arrogant though.

He's just reading a speech though, isn't he. I wonder if any of them actually read up on it. He looked a tit because his ego got in the way. If he'd kept himself out of it I think it would have been a poorly read speech by someone not well informed on the subject, but I don't think it would have been contentious.

I think the fact that he and Bannon were both effectively forced to be there by convention suggests that we aren't as far down the slippery slope to fascism as has been suggested recently though. We may, however, be closer to realising the vision set out in idiocracy.

Edited by Rayvin

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden