2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Whatever happens from here on in I think the rejection of the utter bullshit from the likes of The Sun and The Mail as well as the empty rhetoric of May is a massive positive.

Just read someone saying if a turnout figure of 72% of 18-24 year olds is true then the tabloids are fucked as that group simply doesn't read them. 

7 weeks ago we would have all snapped their hand off for the current outcome 

It's human nature to think what could have been though if SNP hadn't fucked up the Scottish vote  and a Tory/DUP coalition had still left them short of a majority

Edited by Kid Dynamite

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Is there any actual outcome you would've been happy with though? :razz:

Like you I feel relief and hope things have turned. Corbyn has done brilliantly, I'm not disputing that. But the party needs to be reunited now if it's pro move forward.

Just now, Renton said:

Like you I feel relief and hope things have turned. Corbyn has done brilliantly, I'm not disputing that. But the party needs to be reunited now if it's pro move forward.

I do sort of wonder where they go from here but it also feels like the future is impossible to make any sort of predictions about. Agree on the need for unity.

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

7 weeks ago we would have all snapped their hand off for the current outcome 

It's human nature to think what could have been though if SNP hadn't fucked up the Scottish vote  and a Tory/DUP coalition had still left them short of a majority

As has been said earlier, Scottish Labour responsible for that too. "Vote Tory in these areas to stop the SNP".

Fucking pillocks. If Labour needs a purge anywhere, it's in their Scottish party. As for the SNP, I think they might be in trouble now.

Just now, Alex said:

I do sort of wonder where they go from here but it also feels like the future is impossible to make any sort of predictions about. Agree on the need for unity.

The Blairites will come back. They have to - their objection to Corbyn was that he wouldn't put up a good showing in an election. Now that he has, they've pretty much got to nail their cocks to the mast.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's scary to think that the DUP are going to hold the balance of power. They're a crooked, backward bunch of cunts.

Ive seen a lot on Twitter going along these lines!

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The Blairites will come back. They have to - their objection to Corbyn was that he wouldn't put up a good showing in an election. Now that he has, they've pretty much got to nail their cocks to the mast.

Ffs Rayvin, stop labelling people as Blairites, it's nonsensical. 

Seems current Tory plan is to continue for the next 5 years as minority government and avoid a GE at all costs (or possibly after boundary changes).

Will result in a fairly weak queens speech (unless they decide to cherry pick some labour policies) and things like winter fuel and social care will be scrapped.

Also think we're going to get royally dry humped off Europe.

So I was thinking, the DUP in their ridiculous patriotic fervour supported Brexit. But surely they don't want a hard border? So won't this mean they will push for a soft Brexit and to stay in the single market and customs union? Or am I giving them too much credit? 

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Ffs Rayvin, stop labelling people as Blairites, it's nonsensical. 

I don't mean it aggressively fwiw, it's just a useful label for those with that philosophy. Pre-Corbyn it would have been perfectly acceptable to use it.

Still a shit state of affairs when a campaign as disastrous as May's and a performance to match as well as all the benefits from labour's manifesto STILL has the Tories clinging on by their fingernails. Brexit and has completely fucked this country.

Minority government and probably a general hope that the DUP will fall into line when needed then. Well, fair enough to her. She looks a right fucking pillock now though.

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

So I was thinking, the DUP in their ridiculous patriotic fervour supported Brexit. But surely they don't want a hard border? So won't this mean they will push for a soft Brexit and to stay in the single market and customs union? Or am I giving them too much credit? 

They were the only pro-Brexit party in NI, despite it absolutely not being in our interest. They will want a soft border but not necessarily a soft Brexit.

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

They want a soft Irish border as does everyone tbf, however the hard line brexiteers now have the upper hand due to the numbers.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I don't mean it aggressively fwiw, it's just a useful label for those with that philosophy. Pre-Corbyn it would have been perfectly acceptable to use it.

Stop being divisive.