The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

well i was hoping to  wake up to news that Murphy was on his way up here for talks/medical it looks like we've reached a stalemate. Although i've read Murphy may put in a transfer request its the valuation just pay the money get it done the lad wantsvto be here Rafa wants him talk about penny pinching ffs

2 hours ago, trooper said:

well i was hoping to  wake up to news that Murphy was on his way up here for talks/medical it looks like we've reached a stalemate. Although i've read Murphy may put in a transfer request its the valuation just pay the money get it done the lad wantsvto be here Rafa wants him talk about penny pinching ffs

I can't work out if 16m is too much for someone who looks like a future Eng international.

2 minutes ago, trooper said:

Rafa must be well pissed off about this its a farce

Yup. Think he will give it to the end of the window and then decide if it's worth all the hassle.

Stuart Webber on NUFC's Jacob Murphy pursuit

Norwich City held the fan forum last night, with manager Daniel Farke and sporting director Stuart Webber answering questions.

And when the subject of Murphy was brought up Webber is said to have quipped: “You’ve been reading the Newcastle Chronicle, haven’t you!?”

He then also reiterated to supporters that if Norwich sold Murphy to Newcastle, it would be on Norwich’s terms not Newcastle’s.

Given he recently signed a new four-year deal it seems that it pay-up for Newcastle if they want Murphy.

It's almost like they are trying to completely ignore the prices of players now. The whole market has changed from what everyone thought it would be in the space of 2 month. They seem so fixated on getting players for a set amount instead of realising what is going on in football. 

Players prices have dramatically risen. We all thought Sigurdsson was a 20m player, he's now 50m. Everyone thought Pickford was a 10-15 million player, he's not he's a 30 million player now. 

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

In fairness to the club though, it hasn't benefited from the windfall yet.

Ashley could loan the club some of the £300m or so he's saved since reneging on his promise to gift the club £30m though. If we're being fair with him.

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

In fairness to the club though, it hasn't benefited from the windfall yet.

Nah Ray this is Ashley's stubborness at work sticking at £10 million take it or leave it. Norwich dont need to sell but we NEED to buy we still need another 3/4 players. Then we need to ship about 10 out before the season properly  starts as we're only allowed to name a 25 man first team squad

Aye but it's notable that the TV deal started last year, and yet it's only one year in that clubs are spending the big money. We're a season behind the others. Might be hugely simplistic, but if borrowing against the future was a sensible option, surely everyone would have been doing it last summer.

That said, I can't quite remember last summer - maybe the spending was big? Feels more significant this year though.

Norwich are struggling a bit financially if I remember right? Let a load of their big earners leave for nowt etc.

Their chairman is blowing smoke up the supporters arses, the only reason this doesn't go through is if someone outbids us.

7 minutes ago, strawb said:

Norwich are struggling a bit financially if I remember right? Let a load of their big earners leave for nowt etc.

Their chairman is blowing smoke up the supporters arses, the only reason this doesn't go through is if someone outbids us.

The only reason this doesnt go through is because Ashley wont pay £16 million

I'm not sure that NUFC should subscribe to the theory that because Walker and Sigurddson are going for £50mil we should start bidding well over market value too

Theres 5 or 6 clubs gone daft with money, the rest have hardly spent a penny. Will Hughes went for £8mil, Wilshere is apparentlt

available for £9mil and Gibbs for £8mil. I've got a feeling in the next couple of weeks the prices will drop down to more sensible prices again

15 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'm not sure that NUFC should subscribe to the theory that because Walker and Sigurddson are going for £50mil we should start bidding well over market value too

Theres 5 or 6 clubs gone daft with money, the rest have hardly spent a penny. Will Hughes went for £8mil, Wilshere is apparentlt

available for £9mil and Gibbs for £8mil. I've got a feeling in the next couple of weeks the prices will drop down to more sensible prices again

I think the club are struggling with market value, never mind paying over it. It will come as a shock to Charnley and Co just how much the market has changed in 12 months or so. It's batshit mental now.