The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Can't say I've watched him in recent seasons but his leadership qualities are something we're definitely a bit short of in this squad

For sure. Leadership and a bit of backbone. Mitrovic should be out there for the latter, no one else in our squad has that sort of edge. I'm hopeful that we'll get some of it from Lejeune.

6 goals in 37 games for Norwich in 2012-13, 6 goals in 30 games for Norwich in 2013-14, 7 goals in 20 games for Hull last year.

Snodgrass is a decent number ten and a major improvement on anything else we've got, especially at the price he'd cost relative to current market rates.

No wonder Rafa's having trouble shifting players just reading about Colback on £70,000 a week still got 2 years left on a 5 year contract. De Jong got 3 years left on a 6 year contract. They may not be worth much in the transfer market but the wage bill will be crazy for players not playing. One worrying fact i took was although we got Colback on a free, if he sees out the rest of his contract he'll have cost the club £17.5 million. Yet there's loads of them De Jong, Riviere, Mitrovic, Saviet, Krul there's probably a few others. Even if we loan them out we'll have to pay a portion of their wages. 

6 minutes ago, trooper said:

No wonder Rafa's having trouble shifting players just reading about Colback on £70,000 a week still got 2 years left on a 5 year contract. De Jong got 3 years left on a 6 year contract. They may not be worth much in the transfer market but the wage bill will be crazy for players not playing. One worrying fact i took was although we got Colback on a free, if he sees out the rest of his contract he'll have cost the club £17.5 million. Yet there's loads of them De Jong, Riviere, Mitrovic, Saviet, Krul there's probably a few others. Even if we loan them out we'll have to pay a portion of their wages. 

Mitro's on 60k...He was asking 70k and nearly didn't sign remember. Haidara 45k...People like DeJong would have been on 30k at Ajax so we probably doubled that etc...Not sure it's wise to dish out these long contracts.

Just now, Park Life said:

Mitro's on 60k...He was asking 70k and nearly didn't sign remember. Haidara 45k...People like DeJong would have been on 30k at Ajax so we probably doubled that etc...Not sure it's wise to dish out these long contracts.

If you're solely concerned about wise usage of money then you're not the right person to be owning a football club.

11 minutes ago, trooper said:

Jesus

Who the fuck is allowing that?

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

If you're solely concerned about wise usage of money then you're not the right person to be owning a football club.

I'm concerned about buying the wrong players. Forever.

3 minutes ago, trooper said:

What ever they're on it's all dead money going to players to either train & not play. Or even be loaned out were it still cost 

The way forward is to give them a payoff (half their contract) and let them go on a free.