The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

This from the Daily Mirror

Shay Given offers his insight into the growing problems between Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez and Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

Having spent 12 years at Newcastle, Given still has contacts at the club. And, with news growing that the Spanish boss is increasingly frustrated at a lack of big money signings, Given has been told that the two of them no longer speak.

7 minutes ago, trooper said:

This from the Daily Mirror

Shay Given offers his insight into the growing problems between Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez and Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

Having spent 12 years at Newcastle, Given still has contacts at the club. And, with news growing that the Spanish boss is increasingly frustrated at a lack of big money signings, Given has been told that the two of them no longer speak.

Who would Given know at the club who'd be privy to that information?

Not saying he's lying, just find it a little bizarre.

10 minutes ago, adios said:

Who would Given know at the club who'd be privy to that information?

Not saying he's lying, just find it a little bizarre.

Still got contacts who are itk probably

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He'll probably be friendly with Clark given their time together with Ireland and Villa but on the coaching side there won't be many left at senior level from his time here.

Simon Smith is currently Head GK Coach. He was here during Gullit and SBR's time here. He left not long after SBR was sacked and then came back a few years ago. 

I can't see Rafa bitching to Smith or Clark (or any of the playing staff) about the situation.  And we know it's not the tea lady.

So is it more likely a case of Chinese whispers or "these things have a way of getting around"?

6 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

They've went out their way to stir up the shit with this one, like. Almost like they think we're not deserving of Benitez and it continues to piss them off that he's still here.

Aye, I'm at the point where I'll only believe Rafa will leave or that there's a problem when he actually walks out or actually says himself there is one. The media have been saying he's leaving since he walked in the door tbh. I'm not saying there isn't friction between Rafa and the fuck heads at the top mind. 

Let's put it very simply.

Rafa has been promised what he's been promised by the club.

If Rafa is not allowed to do what he agreed to on top of what he expected to get by Ashley or Charnley, then we can all accept that he would have stipulated this in a contract, in terms of a breach and allowing him to walk away with compensation and his head held high.

By the close of this window I expect Rafa to either manage this club in the proper manner, playing reasonably entertaining football with what he has at his disposal, or I expect him to actually walk out of the club citing the reasons above, or similar.

If he decides to stay once the window is closed, I do not expect him to bemoan any unwillingness by the club to aid him in his quest to build his team, because I'm fairly sure that the onus is well and truly at his own door and gives him no scope for excuses to favour himself should he decide to walk from that point or fail to provide the fans with a team on that pitch that  give 100% and wear the shirt with pride, whilst showcasing the skills they do have.