Anorthernsoul

The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

On 26/06/2018 at 21:36, Andrew said:

He's barely played for three years, for someone who used his pace a lot thats a killer, no idea if he still has it.

When was the last time someone young, pacey and promising went to a big English club, didn't play and then went on to resurrect their career successfully elsewhere in England? If there is an answer, ask it again for a british player.

We could’ve had Townsend for about half that if the owner wasn’t such a cunt 

1 hour ago, OTF said:

When was the last time someone young, pacey and promising went to a big English club, didn't play and then went on to resurrect their career successfully elsewhere in England? If there is an answer, ask it again for a british player.

Townsends done ok, he was a spurs youth product though rather than moving.

Zaha I suppose, though he is technically Ivorian.

4 hours ago, trooper said:

How long before we see Ashley on Sky again telling us "he hasn't enough wallpaper to wipe his own arse with" or whatever it is he says

I don't know, but it's definitely not  "he hasn't enough wallpaper to wipe his own arse with".  

1 hour ago, Tdansmith said:

I don't know, but it's definitely not  "he hasn't enough wallpaper to wipe his own arse with".  

Yeah, Ashley uses his curtains not the wallpaper

20 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Ki having a medical ahead of a free transfer from Swansea.  I always thought he was a pretty decent player but shopping in the bargain basement again doesn't bode well.

:mellow:

under whelming to say the least 

These kind of squad filling options are exactly what we've missed for years tbf. Gives competition to Diame with Merino and his bad back leaving, knows the league, seems sensible enough to me. You'd like to think it means Colback is fucking off the wage bill as well.

He was Sunderlands best player a few years back, not that that says much. He seems a bit of a sideways passer type CM from what I’ve seen, as others have said if he’s replacing Merino as cover that’s fine but he doesn’t improve the team iyam. 

5 hours ago, Howay said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but we’ve been linked to Stefano Sturaro:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/06/newcastle-united-offer-12m-for-stefano-sturaro-report/

I don’t think it’s  been from anywhere credible mind. Only worth posting as there’s been next to nowt other than Ritchie, Gayle, Mbemba all leaving rumours. 

he's an ok cm, not brilliant at anything but solid enough being a pain/breaking up play

• Like 1

Think he'll be a solid signing for us, an upgrade on Hayden and back up for super Diame when he decides he doesnt feel like being the second coming of Makelele anymore 

• Haha 1