The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

If that comes off then Benfica are really getting stripped this summer, already lost two of their best players.

Also, us spending that sort of money on a 28 year old is something I thought we'd seen the back of.

Aye was going to ask the same thing. The fee would be a club record which would normally make me doubt the rumour, but honestly our club record fee is canny low considering the fucking mental money thrown about recently. 

Has anything happened with that centre back from the Spanish side? The papers seemed convinced he was on the verge of signing as well. 

22 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

My thing didn't move upon hearing that possible signing.  When I think of Benfica he's not who comes to mind.  What about Samedo, or Semado their young RB.  He would be a nice signing.

Rumoured to be heading to Chelsea/Man U/City so don't hold your breath.

Think you'll be pretty disappointed if you've got that level of player in mind, he's being linked to Barca and Manchester United so I can't see us going in for him. 

Edit: Aye what Andrew said <_<

Edited by Howay

59 minutes ago, strawb said:

Is he any good Andrew?

Dunno much other than what the stats can say tbh, hes played more than 100 games for benfica since joining 2014 so he's been involved in most of their games, they've won a league and cup double in all of those seasons so he's obviously good at that sort of level.

He's 6 foot 2 and is a defensive midfielder so I guess he'd be a partner to Shelvey in our system, a bit more physically imposing than the other players we have there.

To be honest, I thought we would have had some good news by now about incoming transfers instead of all this seemingly idle gossip and meaningless trivia in the press.

I am beginning to get nervous mostly by the fact that others are getting people in and we're not.

23 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

Well, Noellie is technically correct.  Brighton and Huddersfield have two new players in at the moment.  That's two more than we have.

Brighton have signed 1 and Huddersfield have signed 1 they had on loan last season.

which is exactly the same as we have. 

6 hours ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Some other clubs dont even have a manager never mind bringing in new players. It's pessimism for pessimisms sake with this this club sometimes.

It's less "with this club" and more "at a nursing home in sunny California" tbh.

Though admittedly Toontastic is my echo chamber.

30 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Brighton have signed 1 and Huddersfield have signed 1 they had on loan last season.

which is exactly the same as we have. 

We haven't signed anyone new.  According to Transfermarket Brighton have signed two new players. You may be right about Huddersfield, but again, according to Transfermarket they have signed at least one new player.

So?  So if Noelie is getting some grief for expressing some concern about the lack of signings at this point, I thought I'd at least point out that his statement is somewhat correct whether you like it or not. HE is concerned. I don't see why that is such a big deal to some of you.

4 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

So?  So if Noelie is getting some grief for expressing some concern about the lack of signings at this point, I thought I'd at least point out that his statement is somewhat correct whether you like it or not. HE is concerned. I don't see why that is such a big deal to some of you.

He can worry all he wants but I just think people get a bit sick of him moaning on to the extent he does, he spent all of last season moaning, even after games we won he regularly moaned because the side didn't win as comfortably as he thought they should. You're right though he's perfectly entitled to his opinion but people are more than welcome to have a pop at it imo.

Brighton and Huddersfield have both signed 1 player each fwiw. Brighton bought a goalkeeper, Ryan, to replace their keeper that left, Stockdale. Huddersfield have bought a 28 year old Belgian striker, Depoitre, who has a worse record than a 19/20 year old Mitrovic did in the same league and then managed 2 goals in 13 appearances in all comps for Porto. Huddersfield are likely being credited with signing Mooy but I don't think it's a done deal yet and apparently Stoke are after him as well. Hudds are also trying to buy Izzy Brown from Chelsea who they had on loan last season, so they're not exactly making ground on us a side that finished 13 points and a massive GD advantage over them. I'm more worried about other sides than either of them two tbh.

Aye, what @Howay said.  I'm only really on the wind-up with @Noelie, but he is perennially pessimistic to the point of satire.

I also suspect he gets a little more flak because he's a proxy for whatever gobshites on Twitter are saying.

1 hour ago, LooneyToony said:

It's nice when someone who doesn't always agree with you, sticks up for you.  Thanks for that Looney Toony.

Disagreeing with someone's opinion is one thing but slagging them about it is quite a different story.

Hey Howay, sorry if I make you and yer marras' a little sick with me moaning, have as many pops at me as you wish.