The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

Florian Lejeune will play next season at Newcastle with Rafa Benitez.
Sooner or later his signing for the English club will become effective. Because after a little waiting period, the Magpies have returned to their pursuit of the French centre-back very seriously.

The deal has been held up by Newcastle trying to pay the release clause in instalments so as not to have to pay as much VAT on the deal, they report. But Eibar say it has to be paid in full or they will not negotiate. They think Newcastle have got the message.

'The deal has been held up by Newcastle trying to pay the release clause in instalments so as not to have to pay as much VAT on the deal'

If true this worries me, alot. Fat Mike is still very much in action 

Edited by 247

Apparently we are getting Ojo on loan from Liverpool. He was on the bench for England U20s and played 0 premier league games last season so I'm not getting too excited 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Apparently we are getting Ojo on loan from Liverpool. He was on the bench for England U20s and played 0 premier league games last season so I'm not getting too excited 

Ojo is not so loco. He is mojo, like Matsumoto.  His dribbling are oh so low low that you'd wanna take a photo. Especially when he hooks up with Jonjo.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I dunno how much of it is Ashley and how much of it is Charnley trying to impress his puppet master. Though obviously the attitude comes from the top down.

What? your'e not impressed with my rapping?  Ugh, nevermind. It's summer. I'm bored.

I made the mistake of listening to TalkSport on the drive in this morning.

Quinn saying we have apparently gone from a transfer budget of £100m to £30m.  Said we have apparently gone in for a few players but were not playing ball with the prices.

Ashley is well and truly in control.

On the money thing...Ashley did say that Rafa had any money generated by promotion.

Perhaps there just hasn't been any yet? When would TV money start coming into a newly promoted club? Is it still technically the 16/17 season at the moment?

It's hard to imagine that the club could be incompetent enough to offer him 100m a few weeks ago and then turn around and change that to 30m.

Having said that, id quite readily believe that they never offered 100m to begin with unless Ashley actually said it.

Again this was on TalkSport so apologies.

Last night they were talking about Wilshire coming to the end of his contract and Arsenal offering him another despite him being a crock.  They said they are doing that so they can safe guard losing a £25m player.  FFS I wouldnt give them 25p for him.

17 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Again this was on TalkSport so apologies.

Last night they were talking about Wilshire coming to the end of his contract and Arsenal offering him another despite him being a crock.  They said they are doing that so they can safe guard losing a £25m player.  FFS I wouldnt give them 25p for him.

He was a bench player for Bournemouth last year. He's still living off his reputation he had as an 18 year old. He's just another Walcott. A player who looks promising but does nowt through their career.

46 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Wilshire is a good player but made of glass. 

He had potential but didn't fulfill it. He wasn't outstanding for Bournemouth when fit, in fact I think he ended up on their bench before his inevitable season ending injury.

29 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Rodriguez off to the baggies, I see. The sort of player who could have done a job for us?

Could have definitely, a better option than we have for the left wing.