The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

I think Rodriguez is just one of those players that looks a good option because we haven't yet signed any one.

Oh, by the way, this Lejeune kid is a waste of money apparently, a mackem saw him in an U21 game and he says he was shit, so...

Fans Forum meeting tonight hopefully they'll be asked about the lack of signings, what kind of a budget has Rafa got & the clubs ambition for the coming season 

34 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And if they do ask those questions they're guaranteed not to get a single worthwhile answer.

And if we dont get any worthwhile answers we can assume they reverted to type 

Why does anyone expect anything different? Year on year, time after time the same. Mike Ashley and his team are fucking idiots.

we bought fuck all in January , and we'll do the same again by the looks of things. Are we saying everyone rafa wanted in mid season are niw unavailable?

Edited by scoobos

8 hours ago, trooper said:

And if we dont get any worthwhile answers we can assume they reverted to type 

Not really. I don't think that my football club would be answering those sort of questions in a public forum.

2 hours ago, scoobos said:

Why does anyone expect anything different? Year on year, time after time the same. Mike Ashley and his team are fucking idiots.

we bought fuck all in January , and we'll do the same again by the looks of things. Are we saying everyone rafa wanted in mid season are niw unavailable?

You think we won't sign anyone in the Summer transfer window?

I think even Ashley knows we would go straight down with this squad. When Nathan Ake costs £20mil and Harry Maguire £17mil it's not going to be easy doing business though. In years gone by we were only competing for transfers with the top 6-8 in the premier league. With 20 clubs now getting £100mil+ in tv money it's a more open playing field unfortunately 

Will Hughes to Watford for £8mil (£5mil upfront) was a bargain though and I'm not sure why we weren't interested. He still plays for the u21s and has 187 appearances for Derby

Edited by Kid Dynamite

27 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

There's too much bedwetting going on.

This tbf.

We have to sign players after letting people go, but I am not concerned yet.  Are fans of other clubs who havent signed anyone pissing their pants yet?  I doubt it.

1 minute ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

This is the market were currently dealing in.

That's why I'll be amazed if we do much business over here. Bournemouth will probably spend over £50 million and they probably won't improve on their position from last year.

2 minutes ago, Ant said:

yup absolutely crazy money, it's not just here though , Salah is a good example, brought to chelsea for around £10m, loaned out as he wasn't upto scratch for two seasons, sold to Roma for 15m euro last summer, a year later is now 40-50m euro for liverpool.

He had a good season but fuck me, one good season now turns players into world class signing money.

Mbappe is the pinnacle of it, monaco knocking back 90m bids ffs for a lad who has had literally one senior season under his belt

Salah is rubbish. Lot of easy games in Serie A.