Other Games 18/19

54 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye, think that about does it for that. Shame. Good use of VAR to turn the wrong pen and yellow decision to be a free kick and red. Diego Simeone’s son is a canny player mind. 

Theyve got enrico chiesas son as well who  is on Juve and some other big clubs radar.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye, think that about does it for that. Shame. Good use of VAR to turn the wrong pen and yellow decision to be a free kick and red. Diego Simeone’s son is a canny player mind. 

Obviously they had the man advantage but Fiorentina absolutely dominated the game, a case of "After The Lord Mayor's Show" for Napoli. Juve have 3 straight forward home games, Roma away the only tricky tie. It's Italy though and there's strange results every weekend but I can't see Juve losing it now.

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Theyve got enrico chiesas son as well who  is on Juve and some other big clubs radar.

Juve have some amount of players with all of the part ownership, and first option deals they have all over Serie A, must be really difficult for teams to keep decent youth talent. 

Surprised we don’t see the top sides in England trying similar (I think part ownership is out but the whole feeder type thing that Juve have with Sassuolo might work). 

2 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Obviously they had the man advantage but Fiorentina absolutely dominated the game, a case of "After The Lord Mayor's Show" for Napoli. Juve have 3 straight forward home games, Roma away the only tricky tie. It's Italy though and there's strange results every weekend but I can't see Juve losing it now.

Aye Fiorentina were good today, agree that Napoli were likely all over the place mentally. Simeones third was a brilliant run and finish btw. 

Aye I can’t see it being anything but 7 in a row for Juve now, despite the dominance they have over that league it’s really impressive. It’s interesting that Juve always seem to collect the other European powerhouses cast offs (slightly harsh but you know what I mean) and turn them into a side that not only dominates Italy but punch well above their weight (transfer fee wise) in the CL. 

15 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye Fiorentina were good today, agree that Napoli were likely all over the place mentally. Simeones third was a brilliant run and finish btw. 

Aye I can’t see it being anything but 7 in a row for Juve now, despite the dominance they have over that league it’s really impressive. It’s interesting that Juve always seem to collect the other European powerhouses cast offs (slightly harsh but you know what I mean) and turn them into a side that not only dominates Italy but punch well above their weight (transfer fee wise) in the CL. 

I won't say castoffs really, Higuain was Napoli's best player and Dybala was Palermo's. Mandzukic scored goals at both Bayern and Athletico. Pjanic was a big player at Roma, Matuidi was a big player at PSG. I suppose you could say Douglas Costa and Cuadrado didn't really do it at their respective clubs.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

6 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I won't say castoffs really, Higuain was Napoli's best player and Dybala was Palermo's. Mandzukic scored goals at both Bayern and Athletico. Pjanic was a big player at Roma, Matuidi was a big player at PSG. I suppose you could say Douglas Costa and Cuadrado didn't really do it at their respective clubs.

Aye not all of them as they do spend big now and again, like I say cast offs isn’t the right word as they’re always players that have been class elsewhere was more meaning that they get in blokes like Matuidi, Douglas Costa, Cuadrado, Morata etc for under market from the other European powerhouses and then end up getting a load out of them. They obviously Hoover up the Serie A talent on top of that, but they seem very adept at getting top level players for fees that seem surprisingly low. 

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Aye not all of them as they do spend big now and again, like I say cast offs isn’t the right word as they’re always players that have been class elsewhere was more meaning that they get in blokes like Matuidi, Douglas Costa, Cuadrado, Morata etc for under market from the other European powerhouses and then end up getting a load out of them. They obviously Hoover up the Serie A talent on top of that, but they seem very adept at getting top level players for fees that seem surprisingly low. 

Juve have always been good at identifying where they need to strengthen and to find the right player for the job, whether that be spending a fortune or paying a modest fee. They always have a good mix of experience and youth. I take your point though, I remember watching the Juve V Madrid game and hearing Higuain, Mandzukic and Khedira and thinking they hit their peak at other clubs (Although they've all had a good season this year).

Feel sorry for Bayern Munich, they deserved to win that match, and would have had it not been for a stupid back pass and an idiotic move by the keeper.