Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

8 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

I sincerely hope it does.

the justice system in this country is fucked.

caroline flack took her own life because the cps insisted on pursuing a case against her for a relatively minor assault, despite the insistence of her boyfriend that he didn't want to press charges. there wasn't even close to the damning evidence against her that would warrant a prosecution without a key witness that there is in yhe case of greenwood 

we all saw the video, you can only assume it's now been dismissed as some kind of elaborate hoax, or money talks. but either way it's fucking unbelievable. 

Would you have felt the same if Caroline Flacks boyfriend had smashed a lamp over her head while she was sleeping, leaving her pissing with blood? Domestic violence works both ways. 

6 hours ago, OTF said:

You would have to hope that Manutd find someway to cancel his contract without payijg him, or worst case have to pay him out. The stink of what he did doesn't disappear because they're now married/together and she'll no longer be a witness to the abuse.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.facebook.com/Hasrobson/&ved=2ahUKEwjF2f_joPj8AhUStmMGHULwBiIQFnoECBIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1cn3ThZ9V6eGxspaZXQ6q2

Is it victim blaming to say that this young woman is a stupid cunt?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Would you have felt the same if Caroline Flacks boyfriend had smashed a lamp over her head while she was sleeping, leaving her pissing with blood? Domestic violence works both ways. 

what?

the point of the post was to highlight the ability of the cps to pursue a case without a key witness. something they've been very keen to do in one instance but not another it would appear.

I'm well aware domestic violence works both ways, but it was a million mile from the point I was trying to make.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

A while since I was a criminal lawyer in Newcastle, but (and I haven't seen it) if there is video evidence, the fact that someone does not want to pursue a complaint doesn't, of itself, mean that the case has to be dropped. 

Certainly, it makes life more difficult for the CPS, and the fact that it has apparently been plastered all over social media does allow arguments about the inability to get a fair trial, but if all you had to do was plaster the evidence against you all over social media, then nothing would ever get prosecuted.  

the role of the police is to investigate a crime and gather evidence, the cps must then decide based on what is presented to them whether or not it's sufficient to bring charges and provide a reasonable chance of conviction.

clearly they thought that was the case.

there's also the criteria of whether to pursue a case in the public interest.

regardless of why key witnesses withdrew their involvement, the video evidence appeared pretty damning to me.

let's hope greenwood doesn't go on to replicate his behaviour with another young lass in the future with potentially worse consequences, otherwise it would appear the public interest has been failed completely.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

what?

the point of the post was to highlight the ability of the cps to pursue a case without a key witness. something they've been very keen to do in one instance but not another it would appear.

I'm well aware domestic violence works both ways, but it was a million mile from the point I was trying to make

Apologies if I misinterpreted it 👍. It reads like you took issue with the CPS choosing to pursue the case against Caroline Flack

Caroline flack took her own life because the cps insisted on pursuing a case against her for a relatively minor assault

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Apologies if I misinterpreted it 👍. It reads like you took issue with the CPS choosing to pursue the case against Caroline Flack

Caroline flack took her own life because the cps insisted on pursuing a case against her for a relatively minor assault

I think it's very sad flack took her own life,

I think the general point I was trying to make is covered above.

• Like 2