Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

30 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

After the CAS judgement I remember someone saying it was akin to being cleared of a murder charge but being fined for resisting arrest.

This feels similar with a large number of charges making it look more materially serious but actually none of them being individually that bad.
The non-compliance charge is the one that counts. That is the stick to beat us with. You still hear people saying ‘non-compliance means you have something to hide’ even after the CAS said clearly that no inference should be drawn from it.
Even after a total acquittal by CAS that is still used as a sign of guilt.
It worked once, why not try it again?

I believe that Arsenal are at the centre of this. The original request to investigate by a number of premier league clubs including you guys was supposedly submitted on Arsenal headed paper !! I believe that this investigation has a high ranking arsenal fan involved too. White american owners don't like middle east arab money.

As i remember it, they were changing the ffp rules as they went along at the beginning.

( ... taken from our forum )

Saying that the CAS case was a “total acquittal” is not just ignoring that the decision wasn’t unanimous but also a lot of things being said in the judgement as well as the reason why Man City “won” in certain aspects, especially because the case came too late and did last too long.

https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/CAS_Award_6785___internet__.pdf

I don't know the details of the case, but it would seem to me that you wouldn't be paying a 10 million pound fine if you had gotten a "total acquittal". Some clutching of straws going on in the Citeh fan base it seems. 

11 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Whenever ive seen Leeds play I think they've played well. Just seem to be unlucky (oh and can't defend).

They've massively missed a proper goal scorer. Bamford has never been fit, Raphinha hasn't been replaced, Rodrygo hasn't played much either, has he? But Marsch hasn't worked out how to get results regardless. 

10 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:
  • They've got ManUre two games in a row now so not sure what that means. Hopefully a Dyche-esque bounce.

This is the most useless bullet point list I've ever seen. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

Saying that the CAS case was a “total acquittal” is not just ignoring that the decision wasn’t unanimous but also a lot of things being said in the judgement as well as the reason why Man City “won” in certain aspects, especially because the case came too late and did last too long.

https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/CAS_Award_6785___internet__.pdf

maybe total acquittal was a tad over zealous ( it was posted by a city fan after all ) but the only thing we were found guilty of was dragging our feet.

I wouldn't expect it to be unanimous given that uefa appointed one of the judges.

whilst I do expect these charges to be more difficult to combat than the eufa ones, i still think we will be cleared. But what fan ever truly knows.

ps you'll have to excuse me for letting others some that document up for me, its huge.

14 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I don't know the details of the case, but it would seem to me that you wouldn't be paying a 10 million pound fine if you had gotten a "total acquittal". Some clutching of straws going on in the Citeh fan base it seems. 

that's exactly why so many say "we got away with it". But the fine was essentially for not co-operating in a timely manner. 

It was €10m for breaching Article 56 which concerns co-operation and has nothing to do with financial misdemeanours

We felt we were being persecuted unfairly, especially as we didn't contest the earlier fine and squad restriction as infantino supposedly led us to believe a line had been drawn under it. 

Even if we are cleared of these charges people will still say we're cheats because mud sticks.

Edited by LondonBlue

7 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

that's exactly why so many say "we got away with it". But the fine was essentially for not co-operating in a timely manner. They did eventually get what they asked for but they had to drag things out of us.

We felt we were being persecuted unfairly, especially as we didn't contest the earlier fine and squad restriction as infantino supposedly led us to believe a line had been drawn under it. 

Even if we are cleared of these charges people will still say we're cheats because mud sticks.

And because of partisan rivalry.

2 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

I believe that Arsenal are at the centre of this. The original request to investigate by a number of premier league clubs including you guys was supposedly submitted on Arsenal headed paper !!

i never understood why ashley's horrific version of nufc were inclined to get themselves involved in that CAS case. it's not like the cunts had any interest in affairs at the top half of the table never mind challenging the position of the 'big 6' what they were spending was largely irrelevant as long as he could scrape 17th place and keep his six million sports direct logos on the tv.

i can only assume keith bishop (probably the most transparent and incompetent pr guru on the planet) had got on the phone to lee charnley and told him to write to the premier league.... that'll show them stupid northern monkeys we're reaching for the stars.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

i never understood why ashley's horrific version of nufc were inclined to get themselves involved in that CAS case. it's not like the cunts had any interest in affairs at the top half of the table never mind challenging the position of the 'big 6' what they were spending was largely irrelevant as long as he could scrape 17th place and keep his six million sports direct logos on the tv.

i can only assume keith bishop (probably the most transparent and incompetent pr guru on the planet) had got on the phone to lee charnley and told him to write to the premier league.... that'll shows them stupid northern monkeys we're reaching for the stars.

And the social media frenzy has begun but here's my favourite so far ....

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

that's exactly why so many say "we got away with it". But the fine was essentially for not co-operating in a timely manner. 

It was €10m for breaching Article 56 which concerns co-operation and has nothing to do with financial misdemeanours

Yeah but your finances were dodgy as fuck. Not judging you, I’d be happy for us to do the same if we could get away with it.

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Yeah but your finances were dodgy as fuck. Not judging you, I’d be happy for us to do the same if we could get away with it.

I know you're not having a go but what makes you say that our finances were "dodgy as fuck"? 

Is there some evidence out there, or is it just hear say? I've yet to hear of it.

You can bet if there was evidence it would have been made very public by lots of people.

7 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

I know you're not having a go but what makes you say that our finances were "dodgy as fuck"? 

Is there some evidence out there, or is it just hear say? I've yet to hear of it.

You can bet if there was evidence it would have been made very public by lots of people.

Is it the point that Man City got round existing rules initially by getting a whopping sponsorship deal from Etihad airways when rules didn’t exist to prevent that at the time, then were only fined as a result of the CAS case, and what is a financial penalty to the likes of Qatar or indeed Saudi Arabia? It’s similar to the Chelsea thing at the moment, media are reporting it as a “loophole” which will be closed but at the moment they can exploit it. I’d imagine to most fair minded folk that’s literally not breaking rules obviously but it does seem like the richest clubs are using technicalities to  exploit their immense wealth.. 

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

Mancini was supposedly getting paid more by a club in Abu Dhabi for fours days work than he was paid by Man City yearly. If that's indicative of how they operate then there's clearly very dodgy shit going on. Also if Man City had nothing to hide why have they slowed the process down with every trick in the book. It was 18 months ago that a high court judge expressed concern over how long the investigation was taking. Ultimately as I've already said I think the chances of other big clubs not doing similar to cook their books is slim, but your club might have to be the fall guys to get a handle on the rampant corruption in the league. The timing of the British government releasing their white paper on perhaps introducing an independent regulator has come at a poor time for you's, given it will motivate the PL to come down hard on you to make the point that they can regulate themselves. 

Edited by Polarboy

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Is it the point that Man City got round existing rules initially by getting a whopping sponsorship deal from Etihad airways when rules didn’t exist to prevent that at the time, then were only fined as a result of the CAS case, and what is a financial penalty to the likes of Qatar or indeed Saudi Arabia? It’s similar to the Chelsea thing at the moment, media are reporting it as a “loophole” which will be closed but at the moment they can exploit it. I’d imagine to most fair minded folk that’s literally not breaking rules obviously but it does seem like the richest clubs are using technicalities to  exploit their immense wealth.. 

No the fine that we got had nothing to do with that infamous sponsorship deal. We were fined solely for non co-operation.

By todays standards the Etihad sponsorship of Man City is not even that good a great deal.

The sponsorship deal has been renegotiated 3 or 4 times and is currently worth around 67m per season. But that's not the amount that was criticised. I believe the amount has been scaled over the duration of the contract but i'm no expert.

It was mooted to be 400m over 10years. An average of 40m per season. Arsenal are on about 65m for their Emirates deal. I think Liverpool are on about 50m. Spurs are on in excess of 40m too.

3 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Mancini was supposedly getting paid more by a club in Abu Dhabi for fours days work than he was paid by Man City yearly. If that's indicative of how they operate then there's clearly very dodgy shit going on. Also if Man City had nothing to hide why have they slowed the process down with every trick in the book. It was 18 months ago that a high court judge expressed concern over how long the investigation was taking. Ultimately as I've already said I think the chances of other big clubs not doing similar to cook their books is slim, but your club might have to be the fall guys to get a handle on the rampant corruption in the league. The timing of the British government releasing their white paper on perhaps introducing an independent regulator has come at a poor time for you's, given it will motivate the PL to come down hard on you to make the point that they can regulate themselves. 

If true, the Mancini story should be fairly easy to prove. Secret payments from Al Jazira football club.

Also If its true that we've fought the investigation, i can't really blame us. It's a witch hunt led by Arsenal and others. 

What really irks me though is the fact that our owners have pumped money into the club leading to the regeneration of a whole sector of Manchester, building sports facilities and student accommodation etc, where as the Glazers have siphoned money out of Man United. Tell me again who's owners are better for football.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

If true, the Mancini story should be fairly easy to prove. Secret payments from Al Jazira football club.

Also If its true that we've fought the investigation, i can't really blame us. It's a witch hunt led by Arsenal and others. 

What really irks me though is the fact that our owners have pumped money into the club leading to the regeneration of a whole sector of Manchester, building sports facilities and student accommodation etc, where as the Glazers have siphoned money out of Man United. Tell me again who's owners are better for football.

Supposedly there are leaked emails, I assume obtained through the hacker for Die Spiegel, that prove that Mancini was getting paid by this UAE club. I'm not sure I'd call it a witch hunt exactly. You may be being unfairly targeted given other clubs likely engage in cheating as well, but there does seem to be some sort of case for you to answer. I'd be shocked if you's get completely exonerated of all charges when it's all said and done. It would be monumentally stupid of the PL to bring these charges against Citeh if they didn't think they had the goods when it comes to evidence. Then again the people running it aren't exactly the brightest. 

Edited by Polarboy

If your finances aren’t dodgy then you certainly have the best commercial negotiators in the world. It’s an open secret that many of your deals have been inflated and/or from non-trading companies.

I’m not knocking you for it and it’s not for me to judge whether it’s against the rules but there’s no way that Man City are the most marketable club in the world.

24 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Supposedly there are leaked emails, I assume obtained through the hacker for Die Spiegel, that prove that Mancini was getting paid by this UAE club. I'm not sure I'd call it a witch hunt exactly. You may be being unfairly targeted given other clubs likely engage in cheating as well, but there does seem to be some sort of case for you to answer. I'd be shocked if you's get completely exonerated of all charges when it's all said and done. It would be monumentally stupid of the PL to bring these charges against Citeh if they didn't think they had the goods when it comes to evidence. Then again the people running it aren't exactly the brightest. 

https://eic.network/projects/football-leaks-continues.html

You can find some of the stories there. Man City will surely try to slow the investigations again and discredit the evidence (just like the Saudis did with BeoutQ tbh).

• Like 1