Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

16 minutes ago, Winston said:

They will appeal and appeal and appeal like they did a few years ago

they have the best lawyers money can buy. i'll be amazed if this results in anything meaningful 

• Like 1

You’d imagine this is why NUFC are sticking scrupulously to FFP :cuppa:

No one is going to be allowed to do what Chelsea and Man City were able to do again… that’s maybe for the good of the game but also hugely disappointing… 😆

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You’d imagine this is why NUFC are sticking scrupulously to FFP :cuppa:

No one is going to be allowed to do what Chelsea and Man City were able to do again… that’s maybe for the good of the game but also hugely disappointing… 😆

Meanwhile, at Chelsea

Animation Money GIF

Stand by for the CN tweet:

"Charges against Man City for financial breaches further proof of what I previously stated regarding Newcastle's spending limitations. Remember where you heard it first."

• Haha 3

Just now, OTF said:

Meanwhile, at Chelsea

Animation Money GIF

I was thinking about this the other day, if they are royally driving a coach and horses through current rules then it’s going to be some time before they get charged with anything, evidence will have to be collected etc. All the usual wankers in the media are giving it a pass, saying it’s “a loophole that needs closing “ ….

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I was thinking about this the other day, if they are royally driving a coach and horses through current rules then it’s going to be some time before they get charged with anything, evidence will have to be collected etc. All the usual wankers in the media are giving it a pass, saying it’s “a loophole that needs closing “ ….

You're right. All the ducks need to be lined up; from a legal perspective it doesn't matter how much smoke there is, proof of the actual fire is required.