Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

I haven't been able to read the whole thing but even just the intro to this would seem to suggest Everton would somehow be in even worse shape if they get taken over by 777 than they are currently.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I haven't been able to read the whole thing but even just the intro to this would seem to suggest Everton would somehow be in even worse shape if they get taken over by 777 than they are currently.

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Villa sailing close to the wind.

If I've read that right, we've made around 85m loss in the last two reporting years? If so, surely we need to make a profit of 60m+ to stay compliant?

Honestly I didn't even spot we were on there til you pointed it out. I've tried looking around to see what our current FFP/PSR position is after that last set of accounts, but I've given up.

Let Dazzler or Howay work it out and explain it.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Honestly I didn't even spot we were on there til you pointed it out. I've tried looking around to see what our current FFP/PSR position is after that last set of accounts, but I've given up.

Look Over Here Steve Carell GIF

• Haha 6

Listen I wasn't going to say anything, but seeing as you've begged me to notice you, YOU'VE MADE A MISTAKE.

What Dave was saying that it looks like our combined loss for the last two financial years is £160m+, because the graphic shows us making a loss in each of the last two financial years of £80m+.

Not a combined loss of £85m, which I believe is how you've interpreted his post.

Consider yourself scolded by a genuine, bona fide, ICAEW Member.

I'm gonna include this in my CPD declaration.

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Listen I wasn't going to say anything, but seeing as you've begged me to notice you, YOU'VE MADE A MISTAKE.

What Dave was saying that it looks like our combined loss for the last two financial years is £160m+, because the graphic shows us making a loss in each of the last two financial years of £80m+.

Not a combined loss of £85m, which I believe is how you've interpreted his post.

The £160m loss won't be a £160m loss by PSR criteria, it will be less. So welcome to Wrongsville.

Ugh look at this. Trying to divert from his own stupidity.

I'm WELL AWARE that those figures won't be the ones we use for PSR. That's why I didn't respond to Dave and say "well fuck Dave, looks like you're right".

It's why I instead went looking for details on our latest PSR position. But I couldn't find anything definitive and gave up.

Now please. Stop challenging the professor.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

If I've read that right, we've made around 85m loss in the last two reporting years? If so, surely we need to make a profit of 60m+ to stay compliant?

Champions league and Adidas money should

cover that? 

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I may be an accountant but I never once claimed to be a good one :lol:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Besmerching plain old accountants on here wasn't enough, lets drag the ICAEW into it!

Facepalm GIF

16 hours ago, ewerk said:

The £160m loss won't be a £160m loss by PSR criteria, it will be less. So welcome to Wrongsville.

Is the loss reported on there a sum total of all costs incurred each year? So it would include any works done on the infrastructure, facilities, backroom staff, youth and women's teams etcetera?

UEFA closed the Legia Warsaw ultra’s section for tonight’s game over “offensive banners”

But the ultras have just taken over another section of the ground and responded with this

Legia.jpg

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Pretty radge that this bloke was hired to manage women's teams despite having a known reputation. In this day and age.

Frightening in any day and age. 

• Like 2