Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

4 hours ago, Craig said:

Aye can’t complain with that. Home and avoided both Manc clubs. Hopefully they’ll get each other in the SFs as well.

I can complain - what's all this talk doing in the generic small time football thread?

I know we now consider the League Cup to be small time, but we're still it in so surely this should be in the Generic NUFC chat thread?

father ted GIF by Pixel Bandits

• Haha 1

a one for the hardy superfans who stayed up till the early hours of the morning to watch the cup draw.....

anybody else think on reflection it was odd that they had a see through cabinet other than the top for the balls?

sure that manc lass was cheating and looking through the side when she pulled man utd out first. be interesting to see a re-run.   :)

• Haha 2

The two games most people would want to see on TV will be Forest v Wolves & our game which probably means both Manc games will be aired as Man Utd seem to always be an automatic choice

Edited by Rosco

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

When was the last time we had 3 consecutive home draws in the cup?

Saudis have bribed the football league marra, asterisks & obelisks the lot marra am tellin ya

• Haha 2

Just now, Tom said:

Saudis have bribed the football league marra, asterisks & obelisks the lot marra am tellin ya

On their super hidden, locked down, VIP only, NUFC thread, I saw a post by Ark, who bemoaned the refereeing in our Carabao Cup game against Bournemouth. 

That'll be the game that wasn't televised in the UK, in a competition they're no longer in. 

but we're obsessed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

When was the last time we had 3 consecutive home draws in the cup?

It probably won't be the last time, but I think we had a pretty easy time of it in either the '98 or '99 FA Cup runs (or both?).

Craig, engage your nerdbrain and confirm or correct me!

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

It probably won't be the last time, but I think we had a pretty easy time of it in either the '98 or '99 FA Cup runs (or both?).

Craig, engage your nerdbrain and confirm or correct me!

I think both were fairly easy especially 98? 

17 hours ago, Rosco said:

Thay must doing a few rehersals to make sure Man City come out at home 

If only that was true. We have Southampton away. Last two rounds of the cup we drew Liverpool and Chelsea. We have Chelsea in the FA Cup. Clearly someone either lost the memo or the stop city by any means fair or foul memo is still in circulation.

I jest mind, i don't really go for conspiracy theories.

Although i do wonder why the press are talking about trouble at the City v Liverpool game like it was both sets of fans rather than about the City spectators in hospital. We threw verbal abuse, they threw a glass bottle that hit a 15 year old girl and plastic bottles filled with stones that left many with head injuries. No clubs fans are saints but look up feral in the dictionary and see what you find. 

Hopefully we stay apart until the final.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ewerk said:

That Cole Palmer is another who looks like it’s his first time seeing a football. Maybe Pep is handicapping himself by putting local tramps in the first XI.

To be fair, the fact that Palmer and Lewis are breaking through into the first team is a good thing. Pep really rates both of them (at least publicly). Who says it's all about the money?

Palmer was a part of the first team squad last season. A local lad that has scored goals at every level including a stunner for England.  I agree he has a stupid haircut and have to concede that he sounds a bit dim too (if i don't admit player A sounds thick then i can't say that player B sounds bright).

Rico is a breakthrough player, he has great feet, trickery and pace plus a healthy dose of determination, but i'm still unsure about him defensively. Last year he won the under 18s league with city and the under 23s as he was promoted mid season.

Believe it or not we have one of the smallest squads in the Premier league (albeit high quality) so we bolster it with youth like these two.

• Like 3