Jump to content

Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER


Sonatine
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Someone said the club should buy the land that the BBC studios sits on. Knock that down and apparently there’s enough room for a spurs style mega stadium.. make Gallowgate/ Barrack Road into a tramway to get punters from the boozers to the ground & back double quick 👍


I assume they mean Hunters Moor behind the studios. You wouldn't fit Croft Park into the BBCs land 

 

6DDE1429-E0EF-4891-8448-1D784D89FA9D.thumb.jpeg.739601617d848b9cfef4d86acf0082ea.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d be surprised if they are considering a move away from SJP. Otherwise why go to the bother to acquire the land behind the Gallowgate End? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’d be surprised if they are considering a move away from SJP. Otherwise why go to the bother to acquire the land behind the Gallowgate End? 

Not sure of the economics but maybe expand the Gallowgate "cheaply" to give 60k over say 1-2 years while building a 75/80k complex elsewhere which might take 5 years or more. Extra 8k over 5 years  might be worth it before a move. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, NJS said:

Not sure of the economics but maybe expand the Gallowgate "cheaply" to give 60k over say 1-2 years while building a 75/80k complex elsewhere which might take 5 years or more. Extra 8k over 5 years  might be worth it before a move. 

If it take 5 years to build a stadium they need better contractors. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’d be surprised if they are considering a move away from SJP. Otherwise why go to the bother to acquire the land behind the Gallowgate End? 


To stop the bastards from murdering the view of the ground in the meantime?

 

BCC89879-F328-45CF-B105-428A703CB875.thumb.webp.9f429a9b810972565eb311e3d80a0c62.webp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:


To stop the bastards from murdering the view of the ground in the meantime?

 

BCC89879-F328-45CF-B105-428A703CB875.thumb.webp.9f429a9b810972565eb311e3d80a0c62.webp

Well possibly I suppose. I don’t think that’s the most likely reason like :lol: and if they’re planning on moving anyway it makes no sense at all 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:


Spurs stadium took 5 years tbf. They cleared the land in 2014 and built the stadium from 2015-2019

The logistics of that compared to a new site and building in the centre of London you're comparing apples and oranges. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No googling. 

 

Sean Dyche is in danger of becoming the 10th manager to be relegated from the Premier League with two or more teams.

 

Can you name the 9 absolute Champs who've already achieved this feat? 

 

Guess and I'll tell you as you get the right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

No googling. 

 

Sean Dyche is in danger of becoming the 10th manager to be relegated from the Premier League with two or more teams.

 

Can you name the 9 absolute Champs who've already achieved this feat? 

 

Guess and I'll tell you as you get the right. 


Bruce, Warnock, Megson to pick three absolute shitty arses out of a hat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No Germans. In fact there's only one non-English member of the list and I think he'll be hard to get. 

 

No to Wilkinson too. 

 

Do we want answers or are we still guessing? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.