Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

What is the likelihood of us being able to cram another 11,000 on top of the Gallowgate to give us the 2nd biggest ground in the league?

Yet they still cant sell out home games and its a shite quiet ground.

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

don't stop building till it looks like this

image.png.7e066c7429fbe11d82584ffce0cdbe6c.png

Was walking round the ground on Monday morning and wonder how much extra capacity we'd get if we did this for the gallowgate and the east stand?
If we took the existing east stand down and then just built the highest, steepest structure possible...

Would it add enough to make it worthwhile?

It makes perfect sense for the gallowgate

14 minutes ago, ackas said:

Was walking round the ground on Monday morning and wonder how much extra capacity we'd get if we did this for the gallowgate and the east stand?
If we took the existing east stand down and then just built the highest, steepest structure possible...

the gallowgate is currently 9k. 

dortmand's yellow wall kop end is 25k. 

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ackas said:

I think that’s the next step: redevelop the gallowgate into a ludicrously massive kop end

than move all the east standers into it as the east stand is demolished and replaced with a tall, narrow steep stand (given constraints of leazes terrace). Add more corporate hospitality here with a safe standing section below.

Taking capacity eventually to somewhere around 65-70k and with a less lopsided-looking stadium and the extra match day revenue from the corporate hospitality to help us with fpp 

50 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The building costs to demolish and rebuild the Gallowgate from scratch would be ludicrous. And what would you do with the fans who sit there while you spend 6-12 months rebuilding it?

I don’t think it counts towards ffp. The other point is valid like. Maybe priority to cup games or something. You could probably have some of it used/uncovered like the Milburn was for a bit. The alternative is you move. If it’s Castle Leazes - maybe. Anywhere out of the centre and it would lose a lot of what makes it so special imo 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The building costs to demolish and rebuild the Gallowgate from scratch would be ludicrous. And what would you do with the fans who sit there while you spend 6-12 months rebuilding it?

Maybe don’t demolish the gallowgate? Just keep building the cunt into the clouds. Take it higher than level 7 if needed 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Maybe don’t demolish the gallowgate? Just keep building the cunt into the clouds. Take it higher than level 7 if needed 

Need to bank it more steeply otherwise you’re fucking miles from the action near the back 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t think it counts towards ffp. The other point is valid like. Maybe priority to cup games or something. You could probably have some of it used/uncovered like the Milburn was for a bit. The alternative is you move. If it’s Castle Leazes - maybe. Anywhere out of the centre and it would lose a lot of what makes it so special imo 

I don’t know much about the castle leazes area. Does it have some major protection? Looking on the map it looks an ideal place for a new stadium.

51A1DBE0-FFAD-4A7A-B664-4550F832690F.png

Why does the article say 'despite the defeat in the final' or 'plans remain unchanged after the defeat' as if the club's long term investment plans were based on a surprise run on a cup final? Oh its 90min

15 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I don’t know much about the castle leazes area. Does it have some major protection? Looking on the map it looks an ideal place for a new stadium.

Just use Leazes Park. It's a shithole. 

• Like 1

Build behind to the north west of SJP, make SJP into an extension of leazes park and it's not losing too much land overall, plus make it a lot nicer, spruce it up, offer to pay to maintain the area of leazes park. Make Newcastle city council an offer they can't refuse. It'll be virtually in the same place as SJP, nobody will lose a seat in the building of it, it can be a super stadium, I honestly can't see past this unless there's some kind of concrete law stopping it similar to leazes terrace? 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Just use Leazes Park. It's a shithole. 

It’s Grade 1 listed iirc so that’s not going to happen 

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Was the proposed venue under the Halls / Shepherd. Owned by the freemen of the city I think. Residents lobbied to get it block. Dolly Potter and co. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s Grade 1 listed iirc so that’s not going to happen 

The park is grade one listed??  It’s just some ponds and gardens innit?

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

The park is grade one listed??  It’s just some ponds and gardens innit?

Just checked and Leazes Terrace is Grade I listed and the Park is Grade II listed. 

The other thing is I think they get even more protection than buildings / structures that are listed because of their relative rarity. 

Someone said the club should buy the land that the BBC studios sits on. Knock that down and apparently there’s enough room for a spurs style mega stadium.. make Gallowgate/ Barrack Road into a tramway to get punters from the boozers to the ground & back double quick 👍

• Like 1