Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Bastid, I've done that one before. :lol:

On 16/11/2021 at 20:14, Meenzer said:

As the joke will now have to be rewritten, "How does a racist vegan Yorkshireman decide what to tell you about first?"

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Meenzer said:

A vegan Yorkshireman trying to decide what to tell you about first

cat-looking-right-and-left.gif

Even more difficult if he's into Parkrunning.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Sonatine said:

:lol: 

Hope he stays in the Premier League for years because he’s pure box office. His interviews are incredible but it’s the touchline antics, pacing up and down like an agitated jockey that are the real star. It’s a shame he’s a shit manager at anywhere but Luton

Absolutley crying at a story my mate told me tonight when I just met him for a pint.

He's a massive cunt. Sorry, I mean Leeds fan.  Went to the match Weds.  He travels with a big group usually and when they do they always go to a boozer on the way.  One of the lads has a lot of contacts and he usually books a boozer function room for them all. 

Anyways they did this for their trip to Man Utd game.  Somewhere in Lancashire.  They get there in a couple of mini busses and unload.  Go in this boozer and they notice a lot of Man Utd fans walking about looking glum.  A few turn around and scowl at a bunch of Leeds fans.  Anyway landlady comes around from behind the bar apologising to the Leeds fans.  They ask why apologising, they're not there for trouble just a few beers and they have the function room booked.  Landlady apologises again and says she's double booked the function room and didn't realise it.

It turned it, the function room was originally booked a couple of days before for a Man Utds fans wake :lol: these Leeds fans had gate crashed a Man Utd fans wake :lol:

Anyways, my mate and his pals told the landlady there wouldn't be no bother they went to another area of the pub had a few beers then had a whip around for a few beers for the wake that was there as they felt bad :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Absolutley crying at a story my mate told me tonight when I just met him for a pint.

He's a massive cunt. Sorry, I mean Leeds fan.  Went to the match Weds.  He travels with a big group usually and when they do they always go to a boozer on the way.  One of the lads has a lot of contacts and he usually books a boozer function room for them all. 

Anyways they did this for their trip to Man Utd game.  Somewhere in Lancashire.  They get there in a couple of mini busses and unload.  Go in this boozer and they notice a lot of Man Utd fans walking about looking glum.  A few turn around and scowl at a bunch of Leeds fans.  Anyway landlady comes around from behind the bar apologising to the Leeds fans.  They ask why apologising, they're not there for trouble just a few beers and they have the function room booked.  Landlady apologises again and says she's double booked the function room and didn't realise it.

It turned it, the function room was originally booked a couple of days before for a Man Utds fans wake :lol: these Leeds fans had gate crashed a Man Utd fans wake :lol:

Anyways, my mate and his pals told the landlady there wouldn't be no bother they went to another area of the pub had a few beers then had a whip around for a few beers for the wake that was there as they felt bad :lol:

He lied.

About the whip round ;) 

• Haha 2

Just watching the NRL pre season and highlights something that would go a long way in the football. During video ref the video ref review is played over the stadium speaker so they at least know what the ref is saying and thinking. It's transparent. 

That will never happen here like in the Prem because for some reason they're Teflon. But it should. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Just watching the NRL pre season and highlights something that would go a long way in the football. During video ref the video ref review is played over the stadium speaker so they at least know what the ref is saying and thinking. It's transparent. 

That will never happen here like in the Prem because for some reason they're Teflon. But it should. 

didn't i read that something like this has been recommended by uefa though and mic'ed up refs was indeed being introduced for this purpose?

There was a documentary years ago with David Elleray mic’ed up. I seem to remember Tony Adams and co giving him dog’s abuse but all he took umbrage with was being called a cheat :lol: 

Edited by Alex