Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Who was dropped for that to happen? Xhaka?

Yeah he didn’t start v Bournemouth at the weekend…. so am thinking early 86 was around the time Tony Adams must’ve made his debut…

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah he didn’t start v Bournemouth at the weekend…. so am thinking early 86 was around the time Tony Adams must’ve made his debut…

It’ll have been a while before then I think as he was an England player by Euro 88 (even if he lost his England place after that before regaining it). But he’ll be the earliest player from that era who survived to the Wenger years. I’m guessing he’d have been pretty much ever present by then but was missing due to injury / suspension for this one 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’ll have been a while before then I think as he was an England player by Euro 88 (even if he lost his England place after that before regaining it). But he’ll be the earliest player from that era who survived to the Wenger years. I’m guessing he’d have been pretty much ever present by then but was missing due to injury / suspension for this one 

1983 v the mackems he’d just turned 17 :lol:  

90D6927D-A196-405A-AE3E-B1CEE830DB55.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Probably still has nightmares about J69’s mate 

:lol: 

Great bit in Adams book where they met in a restaurant in France before Euro 96, Van Basten told him to forget about retiring (think TA had lots of injuries round then) and to get fit and enjoy what was left of his career. Wenger came in and he won another title so am thinking MVB isn’t such a bastard after all :D 

• Like 1

Aye, Wenger gave him a new lease of life. He could actually play a bit too, which is something I think Wenger instilled in him. Wish he’d played for us 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

:lol: 

Great bit in Adams book where they met in a restaurant in France before Euro 96, Van Basten told him to forget about retiring (think TA had lots of injuries round then) and to get fit and enjoy what was left of his career. Wenger came in and he won another title so am thinking MVB isn’t such a bastard after all :D 

Adams had only asked for an autograph. Top fella is MVB.

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

He has form. Cheated on his missus and got his bit of the side pregnant, also broke lockdown and got a couple of hookers in.

TBF if I was a multi-millionaire footballer I'd probably be doing the same.

• Haha 6

So MOTD tonight is 10 mins long?

Do we really rely on pompous, egotistical, overpaid, talking heads so much that it reduces the importance of the top division’s Saturday when one of them oversteps his importance level and gets a ticking off?

Can we not just simply watch the football without the gobshites?

I’m simply asking why a show that costs the BBC (and us as license payers) more than most, has been dropped down to ten minutes, when surely the extra time they have with the lack of pundits/presenters should have increased the time for actual football highlights.

Is it that hard like?