Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

There used to be a Scottish kid on SSN, blonde hair and beaver like teeth and he used to just talk to the main presenter slowly and loudly repeating more or less what the presenter had already said and what everyone else already knew about any particular breaking story as if he was adding fresh information. :lol: This Solkehol lad is cut from the same cloth. I don't know how they get away with it? :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Him and Dharmesh. :lol:

He's another whopper. :lol: Honestly, I'm almost gutted for the Knight that these get to go on national TV and are no better than him really? (Maybe less disheveled).

(And a little less stinking of last night's beer).

(A bit less aggressive as well).

• Haha 6

26 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

He's another whopper. :lol: Honestly, I'm almost gutted for the Knight that these get to go on national TV and are no better than him really? (Maybe less disheveled).

(And a little less stinking of last night's beer).

(A bit less aggressive as well).

8fxatn.jpg

• Haha 10

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

One would assume that if these lists were created at Newcastle or Brighton then as a work product he couldn't bring it to Man U with him.

So he plays FM

so what

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

One would assume that if these lists were created at Newcastle or Brighton then as a work product he couldn't bring it to Man U with him.

I can’t help but feel there’s a lot of misunderstanding of Ashworths role. Obviously Winters wanks off about Man U so he’s leaning into the hype about Ashworth, and no doubt the bloke is good at what he does but he has heads of recruitment and scouts. The role is meant to be a long term one and he’s so far done about 2 year at Brighton and a year at us, again he probably does do a good job but I think it’s hard to point to what he’s really done as his impacts should be mid to longer term. 

He no doubt sets the tone of what type of profile player the club should focus on etc but the way Winters talks about him is what a head of recruitment (Nickson) would do.

I also seeing Ornstein saying Man U are planning to sign a director of football from Southampton, it seems to be very overengineered imo. So they’re going to have a head of recruitment that reports into a director of football who reports into a sporting director (Ashworth?) :lol: so who is getting the credit? 

Hopefully we milk them for a wedge and can just move on, the bloke hasn’t been here long enough to have done much so I don’t see it as some massive loss. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

There used to be a Scottish kid on SSN, blonde hair and beaver like teeth and he used to just talk to the main presenter slowly and loudly repeating more or less what the presenter had already said and what everyone else already knew about any particular breaking story as if he was adding fresh information. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c36d70f84b1b4f2fc5f902a543ce0f25.jpeg

Bryan Swanson, reporting the bleeding  obvious, Sky Sports News 

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Brighton fans say Tony Bloom found the talent that they completely mug Chelsea off with. So the question remains, in a football universe where you live or die by the quality of your recruitment, what does Ashworth bring that’s different to any other decent DoF? Has he got extra memory on that laptop or something??..

Henry Winter reckons it’s a huge coup. All that suggests to me is that, as with most walks of life, what actually separates Ashworth from people with similar knowledge is his ability to sell himself. Because you can guarantee any conversations he’s had with people like Winter will be him bigging himself up. Rather than revealing much on the way of what he actually does know 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Howay said:

I can’t help but feel there’s a lot of misunderstanding of Ashworths role. Obviously Winters wanks off about Man U so he’s leaning into the hype about Ashworth, and no doubt the bloke is good at what he does but he has heads of recruitment and scouts. The role is meant to be a long term one and he’s so far done about 2 year at Brighton and a year at us, again he probably does do a good job but I think it’s hard to point to what he’s really done as his impacts should be mid to longer term. 

He no doubt sets the tone of what type of profile player the club should focus on etc but the way Winters talks about him is what a head of recruitment (Nickson) would do.

I also seeing Ornstein saying Man U are planning to sign a director of football from Southampton, it seems to be very overengineered imo. So they’re going to have a head of recruitment that reports into a director of football who reports into a sporting director (Ashworth?) :lol: so who is getting the credit? 

Hopefully we milk them for a wedge and can just move on, the bloke hasn’t been here long enough to have done much so I don’t see it as some massive loss. 

Agree with all that but, in particular, for a bloke all about the medium to long term, he’s quick to fuck off before anyone is able to judge that. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Either an unfortunately timed photo or this is a photo of him talking to a couple of lasses outside the pig and whistle as the cowies kick in.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: Aye that's him. Think he served his apprenticeship following Roger Tames around as his lackey in his tentative journalistic err 'journey' so he's got a lot to follow. Meat and drink for the lesser spotted Caledonian beaver. Over to you Jim White.

Edited by Howmanheyman

2 hours ago, Howay said:

The role is meant to be a long term one and he’s so far done about 2 year at Brighton and a year at us, again he probably does do a good job but I think it’s hard to point to what he’s really done as his impacts should be mid to longer term. 

A fair point. A lot of talk about him loving projects and all that and but he's jumped off 2 now before they've barely got started. Did ManUtd offer more 'control'? I've no idea what that would mean, they're getting all sorts of people in so he's hardly going to be the main man controlling things. Craig Hope as usual stirring shite saying something about him not being in Howe's 'inner circle' at NUFC. Whatever the hell that means. Was he expecting Ted Lasso heart to heart talks from Eddie? 

For us it's not ideal of course but hardly a disaster. No reason why we can't get another capable man in. If somebody had pinched Howe then I'd be worried. 

• Haha 3

I know that the press are desperate for Man United to turn it around and become dominant again but I think it’s a massive task over there. You can see “Full Sporting Control” being taken out of Brailsford’s hands pretty quickly if the Glazers are any indication 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I know that the press are desperate for Man United to turn it around and become dominant again but I think it’s a massive task over there. You can see “Full Sporting Control” being taken out of Brailsford’s hands pretty quickly if the Glazers are any indication 

With the stake he has in the club he’s always one EGM away from that happening 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

“One of the owners” as if we aren’t absolutely certain of which of our owners had £37m just lying around :lol:

25 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Mike Ashley reading that....

surprise wtf GIF

“Oi Lee, put the kettle down and have a look at this. Have you ever seen so much wallpaper in your life?”

• Haha 3