Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to discuss sportswashing but I couldn't be bothered to start another topic or find somewhere more appropriate. 

What is being said about the RSA involvement in the golf spat in the UK by the usual suspects (Delaney, etc)?  It is getting a bit of headway here because of Greg Norman and his "everyone makes mistakes" quote, but I wonder if, because it is golf, there has been less fewm about it than there was about PCP's involvement in NUFC.

I guess it's because golf is a lower profile sport. There wasn't much of a furore when players went to SA to play there for big invitational fees.

Norman's comments were idiotic though.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I guess it's because golf is a lower profile sport. There wasn't much of a furore when players went to SA to play there for big invitational fees.

Norman's comments were idiotic though.

I take the point, but that was before the sportswashing term was so prevalent and given the hysteria around this purchase, I wondered whether there had been any traction.  Of course, it may be that those journalists will be happy to take the chance to improve their handicap on some of the best golf courses around.

Lee Westwood got involved last week when he said he would be playing in it on the grounds that F1 & Boxing get away with Saudi funding so why can't golf. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Also, golf is less a sport and more a hobby, like darts or snooker. 

Taste my sweaty ball sack after 18 holes in the summer heat and tell me it’s not a sport.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Taste my sweaty ball sack after 18 holes in the summer heat and tell me it’s not a sport.

Does that mean walking to the Coop is a sport? i mean in the summer my balls sweat too.

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Also, golf is less a sport and more a hobby, like darts or snooker. 

I’m not having that. They’re athletes 

image.jpeg.95584d0393c245ac2122b9f64379b668.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Does that mean walking to the Coop is a sport? i mean in the summer my balls sweat too.

I think the only way to settle it is to give MF a taste of each and he can decide.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I think the only way to settle it is to give MF a taste of each and he can decide.

I’ll walk to the Coop but am I fuck chasing a ball around a field…

… oh, have I misunderstood? :lol:

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Erssr-5XEAEMXjM.jpg

Fuck me, Bill Werbeniuk! :lol: Used to drink at least 6 pints before a match (which he used to successfully claim as a tax deductible expense!) and then a pint per frame. He reckoned it was doctor's advise to counteract a benign tremor. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

Fuck me, Bill Werbeniuk! :lol: Used to drink at least 6 pints before a match (which he used to successfully claim as a tax deductible expense!) and then a pint per frame. He reckoned it was doctor's advise to counteract a benign tremor. 

needed a gallon of beer to steady his cueing arm 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

needed a gallon of beer to steady his cueing arm 

A gallon? He'd had have that by the end of the 2nd frame! The 1983 QF was 24 frames so he drank 30 pints - or 2 pints short of 4 gallons. :lol:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

A gallon? He'd had have that by the end of the 2nd frame! The 1983 QF was 24 frames so he drank 30 pints - or 2 pints short of 4 gallons. :lol:

And then he went out and played a round of golf…

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
4 gallons! 

I’m beginning to think the “benign tremor” might have been the DTs. 

You think? :lol:

It's getting the 6 pre-match pints through as a tax-deductible expense that impressed me. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I'm sure you might like it to be, but tasting your ball sack, sweaty or otherwise, is definitely not a sport. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

I'm sure you might like it to be, but tasting your ball sack, sweaty or otherwise, is definitely not a sport. 

It might be if you sink 4 gallons of lager first. 

Ballsack- 3 points

Shaft- 1 point

Brown Winker- red card. 

• Haha 5