Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

It’s worse than clean, it’s our prime minister begging cap in hand for it :lol: 

What I mean is, they sell oil, everyone buys it. They don’t need to bother laundering dirty money. They’re obscenely rich off the back of legitimate earnings 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

The Saudi money is clean, they’re a strategic ally, they do not represent an existential threat to the UK. They’re obviously despotic cunts (based on our foreign policy, how are the UK viewed though?). Not a defence of our owners, whataboutery or whatever, the point is, NUFC is not a money laundering front for a multinational crime syndicate. Unlike Chelsea, for example, which The Guardian never had much of a problem with. You even had writers like Simon Kuper defending Abramovich after the Russian invasion of Ukraine (to mask the fact he spent the previous 15 years blowing smoke up his arse). 

sure it’s “clean” in the sense that our government can’t get enough Saudi cash. Or Russian cash (until very recently) or cash from all the world’s despotic regimes.

Successive governments welcomed dirty money for years, of all kinds, which is which is why the news about Johnson should come as no surprise at all. The golden visa scheme, introduced by Labour incidentally,  opened the doors to thieves and despots basically buying citizenship as long as they had enough money. 

It’s clean in the sense it’s legal / from legitimate business. I’m not suggesting it isn’t immoral. It’s obscene amounts of cash so that’s a given. It’s not analogous to Russian money for the reasons I’ve given though. I think the Saudi ownership sits uncomfortably with many of us but those in the press seeking to say it’s the same are a combination of incorrect, jealous and trying to excuse/make up for this sort of thing not previously being a problem for them. It’s mainly jealousy though  

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s clean in the sense it’s legal / from legitimate business. I’m not suggesting it isn’t immoral. It’s obscene amounts of cash so that’s a given. It’s not analogous to Russian money for the reasons I’ve given though. I think the Saudi ownership sits uncomfortably with many of us but those in the press seeking to say it’s the same are a combination of incorrect, jealous and trying to excuse/make up for this sort of thing not previously being a problem for them. It’s mainly jealousy though  

Yes, Saudi money is “legitimate”. I’m not singling out the Saudis but I think you can compare Saudi and Russian money - in both countries the ruling elite enriched themselves off the fat of the land. Russian money was also legitimate and just as welcome here until very recently.

It’s not technically money laundering in those cases (though criminal money has also been welcomed with open arms here and enabled thanks to the UK’s network of lawyers, estate agents and overseas territories), but it is certainly about reputation management. So the money is being washed in that sense. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s mainly jealousy though  

Aye- that and fear. 

Fear that their club will miss out on the gravy train they’ve been used to because we’ll take their place at the trough. 

53 minutes ago, Alex said:

What I mean is, they sell oil, everyone buys it. They don’t need to bother laundering dirty money. They’re obscenely rich off the back of legitimate earnings 

Whereas we are outraged at their standards from the top of our ivory tower founded, built and funded from centuries of global pillage and suffering.

• Like 2

Why do you hate Britain @Toonpack

Are you a Marxist antisemitic Russophile!? WOULD YOU SELL US TO CHINA, eh!???

Would you aim a nuke at a orphanage and push the button!?

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

I did compare them. That’s how I pointed out the obvious differences ;) 

Russia and Saudi are two sides of the same coin. 

5 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Whereas we are outraged at their standards from the top of our ivory tower founded, built and funded from centuries of global pillage and suffering.

:lol: goes without saying - we schooled the world how to loot and plunder 

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: goes without saying - we schooled the world how to loot and plunder 

We were pretty good at genocide in our day too

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, as soon as Johnson said they weren’t involved, you knew they were. :lol:

Did he have a party work meeting to celebrate discuss the takeover?

22 hours ago, Tom said:

Why do you hate Britain @Toonpack

Are you a Marxist antisemitic Russophile!? WOULD YOU SELL US TO CHINA, eh!???

Would you aim a nuke at a orphanage and push the button!?

Yes. 

This was a serious post. ;) 

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

The article attached makes no mention of Ashworth btw, but instead says that non-playing staff have had a pay rise, the first in over 10 years for many. 
https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thetimes.co.uk%2Farticle%2Famanda-staveley-sweetens-the-deal-for-newcastle-staff-mqbv6lpn5

• Like 2

On 16/05/2022 at 13:02, The Fish said:

We have bot all commercial revenue compared to similar clubs, and if I know anything, it's that this club needs an official pillow partner, a tractor partner, a duct maintenance partner.

I've just seen that this exists. The sky's the limit :lol:

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2021/june/brentford-partners-with-the-turmeric-co/

• Haha 4

Coming on board as the Club’s Official Turmeric Supplier, The Turmeric Co. was founded by Wales international Thomas Hal Robson-Kanu. The company offers great tasting and potent vegan turmeric shots: Raw Turmeric Original, Raw Turmeric & Ginger and Raw Turmeric & Beetroot. Central to the new partnership, The Turmeric Co. will supply products for Brentford’s First Team and B Team squads

What an outrageously bizarre paragraph of words

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Haha 2

:lol: Could anything be more on brand for those half an half scarf wearing day trippers? “Remember to bring your wicker picnic baskets to all of the bees home games, win, lose, or draw we will hand out Tumeric so you and the whole family have a great day regardless”.

• Haha 2