Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

6 hours ago, Renton said:

Missed this from yonks ago, but HMHM, have you got yourself on twitter and started a fake Ryder account yet? Please do, would be hilarious. I'll idwfnitely follow you. :thumbup:

You ok Rents?

• Haha 1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/apr/04/six-months-in-newcastle-takeover-still-offers-little-cause-for-celebration?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

And so, Glendenning is finally permitted to have a go at us. His justification? It's been six months since the takeover and he has to earn his money somehow.

Barry has taken aim, more or less, at us. Internet present Newcastle fans who, he argues, are useful idiots for the regime. We engage in whataboutery for all the other things Saudi invests in, and laments that football journalists have to explain all the other things they condemn first, before getting to Newcastle.

I'll let you guys read it but he is sure as shit aiming that at forums and discussions like ours. No comments open naturally.

Barry is earning money off this article, I am sure. So he has profited more from the Saudi takeover than any one of us so far. I am certain the money he has made will be donated to Yemen, as you would expect from any morally upstanding person who had gone to bat for these issues. He's a true believer, I'm sure. Not just an opportunistic hack making drama out of a story. I'm sure he was writing on the plight of Yemen for many months before this.

I'm sure he's entirely consistent. And to accuse him of anything to the contrary...well..  that would be shameless whataboutery from a useful idiot.

• Like 6

He’s one of the journalists I’ve refused to read for a while now, he’s a bitter little twat when it comes to us - I also find his other stuff to be shite anyway. I’ve little to no doubt he won’t have tried to see it from any other view and has took to blaming NUFC fans. Says a lot about him that I don’t apply this refusal to read their stuff to Delaney. 

The whataboutery excuse is made by idiots nowadays, it’s their get out of jail free card - don’t get me wrong I’m sure people come out with absurd things and do try to gloss over things using comparisons of others, but even when presented with very fair arguments and comparisons a lot of these journalists just yell whataboutery and refuse to discuss it. The coverage of Qatars World Cup, the way the journalists sprinted to board the planes there, and the lack of sponsors suddenly abandoning a chance at having their company names attached to it has proven part of our point. 

He is welcome to paint in broad strokes and dress us Newcastle fans up as evil monsters who are completely complicit in all of the evils Saudi Arabia participates in, and since we cannot make a single comparison or point to a single example where Saudi (and other blood money) is gleefully accepted (whataboutism and all that), that makes us one of the most heinous groups on the planet. If that’s the logical framework he wants to apply, then is it fair to say he is a supporter paedophiles and child molestors? after all the club he supports knowingly sheltered one and many that support that club vocalized their support of that behavior - works both ways - not whataboutism btw I’m simply saying if he wants to judge our fan base like that then we can judge his appropriately so. 

Couple of genuine questions, ones idiots like him would scream whataboutism because it’s impossible for them to argue, but I’m assuming the course of action we all should have taken was to basically stop supporting NUFC - by extension the same would obviously apply to fans of Chelsea, Manchester City, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Wolves (three brummy clubs indirectly owned by the Chinese state), Leicester City, Everton (we know the real owner), Sheffield United, Paris, etc etc etc, what then? Would everything magically be fixed?

Would we not have a Qatari World Cup, or a Russian one prior to that? On the vein of world cups, by extension is everyone meant to turn that off and not watch? Or is there some loophole that makes that particular (and far, far more public/viewed/successful) brand of sportswashing perfectly acceptable to engage in in a way supporting your PL side isn’t? Personally I find a glamorous, once every 4 years event, that has an influx of attention, and allows the holders the chance to paint whatever image they really want of their country on this massive stage to be a more glaring example of sportswashing but never mind. I’m sure this last point is what someone like him would seize on “what about Brazil 2014 that didn’t show a good side of Brazil” it’s also not a leader that cared to use it in the manner that Qatar will, if the Brazilian government had wanted to they would have but they had bigger issues to deal with than foreign perception. 

TLDR; Barry Glendenning can suck my balls the little mackem divvie. To paraphrase Will Smith “keep my clubs name out your fucking mouth”. 

• Like 5

I couldn't give a fuck what the Irishman with no blarney says, he's bitter about NUFC and has been well before this takeover, I've also heard him on talksport and his crack is lifting. He's muted on twitter for a good reason and I'm fucked if I'm giving him the traffic he wants. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Howay said:

TLDR; Barry Glendenning can suck my balls the little mackem divvie. To paraphrase Will Smith “keep my clubs name out your fucking mouth”. 

Thanks for the summary :thumbup:

10 hours ago, Rayvin said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/apr/04/six-months-in-newcastle-takeover-still-offers-little-cause-for-celebration?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

And so, Glendenning is finally permitted to have a go at us. His justification? It's been six months since the takeover and he has to earn his money somehow.

Barry has taken aim, more or less, at us. Internet present Newcastle fans who, he argues, are useful idiots for the regime. We engage in whataboutery for all the other things Saudi invests in, and laments that football journalists have to explain all the other things they condemn first, before getting to Newcastle.

I'll let you guys read it but he is sure as shit aiming that at forums and discussions like ours. No comments open naturally.

Barry is earning money off this article, I am sure. So he has profited more from the Saudi takeover than any one of us so far. I am certain the money he has made will be donated to Yemen, as you would expect from any morally upstanding person who had gone to bat for these issues. He's a true believer, I'm sure. Not just an opportunistic hack making drama out of a story. I'm sure he was writing on the plight of Yemen for many months before this.

I'm sure he's entirely consistent. And to accuse him of anything to the contrary...well..  that would be shameless whataboutery from a useful idiot.

The guy's a cunt. 

"While a legal distinction was made between the majority shareholders, the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia (chairman: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Salman), and the country which runs it (crown prince: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Salman), it was widely accepted the two entities were pretty much one and the same."

Talk about sweeping statements!! Widely accepted by who?

It is widely accepted that Barry Glendenning is a sot who can't even pronounce the name of his favourite team properly & that he most certainly hadn't been :quotes: hacked :quotes: when he posted a photo of his wang that time.

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Craig said:

The guy's a cunt. 

"While a legal distinction was made between the majority shareholders, the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia (chairman: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Salman), and the country which runs it (crown prince: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Salman), it was widely accepted the two entities were pretty much one and the same."

Talk about sweeping statements!! Widely accepted by who?

Thats an oxymoron surely? :lol: 

He blocked me on twitter, so I'm FUCKED if he's getting my clicks for his shite articles, the fucking dickhead. A man from another country who picked Sunderland as his team, and I'm expected to listen to his opinions on anything? Fuck off. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He blocked me on twitter, so I'm FUCKED if he's getting my clicks for his shite articles, the fucking dickhead. A man from another country who picked Sunderland as his team, and I'm expected to listen to his opinions on anything? Fuck off. 

Please tell me it was something worthwhile being blocked for.

I just asked him if he was drunk when he was posting wild shit following the takeover. He's another one, like Edwards, who doesn't know how to behave like a professional. Probably spends half his time checking his mentions on RTG after he's "owned the mags". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I just asked him if he was drunk when he was posting wild shit following the takeover. He's another one, like Edwards, who doesn't know how to behave like a professional. Probably spends half his time checking his mentions on RTG after he's "owned the mags". 

So on the Gemmill scale of wummery, fuck all basically? It's clear from allegiances that he's always going to paint us in a bad light. As you say it lacks professionalism. Journalists should always strive to provide an objective viewpoint.

• Like 1

It's how transparent the whole thing is. So when Panja or Delaney dig out Newcastle, it's largely because of the owner, rather than any real enmity towards the fans. Sure there's some lazy stereotyping or willful ignorance, but I don't get the sense they actually have it in for us, or owt. 

With Glendenning though, it's clear as day to anyone with half a brain that the driving factor behind his pieces about us is born of bitterness towards the club/fans, rather than how awful our owners are. Same as his embittered rant about England's national team.

He's a fucking WUM, and not even a very original one.

• Like 2

He’s a mackem, albeit out of choice but a mackem all the same. When it comes to us they simply cannot be objective in any way, shape, or form.

They have a thread currently on RTG asking who the worst current PL player is, no shock that pretty much our entire squad is listed. Even in a situation where they can be completely objective, there’s nothing prompting it that’s what they go with. We have poor players sure, but it’s clearly a Norwich player ffs :lol:.

• Haha 2