Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I don’t know Callum.  But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now? Fuck off

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.   We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skin

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So they’ve over a full team that cost more than Joelinton?

You say they are doing it differently to other clubs yet Barca have only signed seven players more expensive than Joelinton, Real Madrid ten and Juventus four.

And yet their most expensive transfer is 24th on the list of the worlds most expensive transfers. Which suggests they are doing it differently to other clubs?

• Haha 1

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.

We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skins from here on out. The fact that they're going for the fans is what gets me in particular. We live in a country where the government won't stand up to Saudi Arabia, where the voters don't care about it enough to change that, and where a series of businesses fall over themselves to absorb Saudi money left and right anyway. But no, it's a bunch of long suffering football fans who have to take the moral stand and who will be pilloried for not doing so.

Fuck off. Have the balls to change the whole fucking system or just fuck off. As far as I'm concerned, this is our late stage capitalism dividend.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

And yet their most expensive transfer is 24th on the list of the worlds most expensive transfers. Which suggests they are doing it differently to other clubs?

Your point was that they were buying lots of mid range players of similar or less costly than Joelinton. I was simply pointing out that wasn’t the case.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.

We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skins from here on out. The fact that they're going for the fans is what gets me in particular. We live in a country where the government won't stand up to Saudi Arabia, where the voters don't care about it enough to change that, and where a series of businesses fall over themselves to absorb Saudi money left and right anyway. But no, it's a bunch of long suffering football fans who have to take the moral stand and who will be pilloried for not doing so.

Fuck off. Have the balls to change the whole fucking system or just fuck off. As far as I'm concerned, this is our late stage capitalism dividend.

The last 13 years have shown us that nobody - whether our owner, the press, the pundits or other fans - cares what we think. Why does it matter now all of a sudden?

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

No thick skin needed here mate- I didn’t give a particular fuck what the majority of them thought before, and I certainly can’t see any great change in that approach from me, come what may. 
The hoop-licking once we start getting good again will be funny to see, though, in the same way watching kids fall over is :D

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

You're conflating multiple different issues to try and justify this, it's embarrassing for the club for and should be an ethical problem for any none firestick fan.

The fact the current Tory Government wont stand up to this family is no justification for getting directly in bed for them. The fact you disagree with the Government's relationship with Saudi says a lot doesn't it? Ethically it's pretty simple, we are going to be owned by a rotten individual who makes Mike Ashley look like a saint. If you are ignorant of all of this anyway and 'dont care about politics' then whatever but if you are someone who finds the Saudi family disgusting, condems their genocide in Yemen, the assassinations, treatment of women, gays etc then you should be disgusted at this and not at all impressed that the clubs history is now intertwined with the Saudi family. We are meant to celebrate arm in arm with people like that who you would otherwise find abhorrent? You can just look the other way when its people like this.

At the very least, all those who were vocal criticizing Ashley's ethics with stuff like the price hike need to buckle themselves in for a long ride, unless you are a massive hypocrite you should be seething about some of the stuff this lot get up to.

It's dark days and deeply embarassing.

11 minutes ago, Warlord said:

You're conflating multiple different issues to try and justify this, it's embarrassing for the club for and should be an ethical problem for any none firestick fan.

The fact the current Tory Government wont stand up to this family is no justification for getting directly in bed for them. The fact you disagree with the Government's relationship with Saudi says a lot doesn't it? Ethically it's pretty simple, we are going to be owned by a rotten individual who makes Mike Ashley look like a saint. If you are ignorant of all of this anyway and 'dont care about politics' then whatever but if you are someone who finds the Saudi family disgusting, condems their genocide in Yemen, the assassinations, treatment of women, gays etc then you should be disgusted at this and not at all impressed that the clubs history is now intertwined with the Saudi family. We are meant to celebrate arm in arm with people like that who you would otherwise find abhorrent? You can just look the other way when its people like this.

At the very least, all those who were vocal criticizing Ashley's ethics with stuff like the price hike need to buckle themselves in for a long ride, unless you are a massive hypocrite you should be seething about some of the stuff this lot get up to.

We must be getting a big club ,we are attracting new members already

:icon_lol:

• Haha 5
14 minutes ago, Warlord said:

My responsibility to affect this stuff happening is at the voting booth. That's where my responsibility ends. My conscience is clear on that front.

Beyond that, I can't control this so I'm going to find the positives in it. You do you.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Warlord said:

YOU’RE GOING TO HAVE TO SPEAK UP

AE05F414-6D55-4550-B90F-2863AF974564.gif

• Haha 8
27 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Could be worse, we could’ve sang in support of a convicted paedophile, eh? ;) 

• Haha 3
  • Jaysus... 1
11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

My responsibility to affect this stuff happening is at the voting booth. That's where my responsibility ends. My conscience is clear on that front.

Beyond that, I can't control this so I'm going to find the positives in it. You do you.

No it isn't, no matter how much you kid your self.

Responsibility to effect something does not define moral stance. I have the same opinion on the Saudi's regardless of what the Government does and so should you. Your responsibility is being logically consistent, which would be that you find this group completely immoral. If you agree with that, you look like a bit of an idiot complaining about Journalists and should admit that it's an awful association for the club to have.

Looking at the positives to being owned by a royal family that inflicts genocide on millions, stones gay people to death and suppresses women is a complete cop out. The positive is completely discarding morals, clearly.

Edited by Warlord
8 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Looking at the positives to being owned by a royal family that inflicts genocide on millions, stones gay people to death and suppresses women is a complete cop out. The positive is completely discarding morals, clearly.

So there are positives to take from all this. Glad you agree.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Warlord said:

No it isn't, no matter how much you kid your self.

Responsibility to effect something does not define moral stance. I have the same opinion on the Saudi's regardless of what the Government does and so should you. Your responsibility is being logically consistent, which would be that you find this group completely immoral. If you agree with that, you look like a bit of an idiot complaining about Journalists and should admit that it's an awful association for the club to have.

Looking at the positives to being owned by a royal family that inflicts genocide on millions, stones gay people to death and suppresses women is a complete cop out.

My opinion of the Saudis hasn't changed. They are immoral based on western cultural norms. As is the USA, as is the UK, as is Mike Ashley.

Now what? I just keep finding reasons to be miserable? I didn't make this a race to the bottom, society did. 

This is a football club, not a political movement.

Edited by Rayvin
15 minutes ago, Warlord said:

EssentialQuickBlackmamba-size_restricted

• Like 1

What would you like Rayvin to do? Protesting is out, we have been told for 13 years it doesn’t do anything. Should he stop supporting the club altogether?

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 1

I don't know about anyone else but I'll be whipping myself like Silas in the Da Vinci Code every time we win, so as to appease the moral guardians that are the mainstream press and jealous, sanctimonious opposition fans. :D

• Haha 3