Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I don’t know Callum.  But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now? Fuck off

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.   We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skin

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

The only reason I still haven't sacked off BT Sport is because my dad likes to come round and watch whatever match is on.  For myself, I barely watch it even if we're playing.

The baseball is good on BT

48 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The arbitration was to decide whether MBS would play a role in the ownership of the club. If the answer was yes, the sale would have been denied. 

Tbf, Staveley said as much in the days after the bid was withdrawn. The PL have been pushing to have MBS named on the papers, which then allows them to say no. 

But regulations in the ODT would have allowed them to treat him as a shadow director and reject the takeover on the basis of insufficient information. This would have made an appeal possible where the judgement of the league could have been challenged. There was no need for independent arbitration for a timely decision.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

But regulations in the ODT would have allowed them to treat him as a shadow director and reject the takeover on the basis of insufficient information. This would have made an appeal possible where the judgement of the league could have been challenged. There was no need for independent arbitration for a timely decision.

Better for the PL to suggest an independent arbitrator than reject it, though?

Final nail in the coffin for me, I'm off to get sloshed in the bar, followed by a hot tub and then drift off into a deep sleep hoping the Reubens come to their senses and buy us outright with investment over the next few years from a mysterious middle eastern investment vehicle. 

10 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Can someone tell me (to fuck off if you struggle to answer) why all the part time shithouses or ne'er attendees sit for months on end discussing something they generally have lost interest in?

It’s as mysterious as someone seemingly only posting on here to get bites off fans of the same club they support or taking a perverse pride in being a soopafan of a club that shits all over its fan base 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
14 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol: Rounders with extra ‘Murica, innit. 

This play 6 games a week or something. 

I think I’d top myself if I had to watch Steve Bruce’s NUFC 6 times a week :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol: Rounders with extra ‘Murica, innit. 

anything you can play with a beer in your hand doesn't count as a sport.

Edited by tooner
21 minutes ago, tooner said:

baseball is never good, worst sport ever.  

I always thought that but I've been watching it this week and I really enjoy the sport as well as the banter between the commentators, same as  cricket on Sky, it's just a nice easy watch like that fishing program with Bob Mortimer. 

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
3xUyag5.gif

( mind you, I have been snowboarding with a beer and a smoke more than several times :lol:). 

smoking while riding!? in between runs for sure, never during. that's what the lift is for.