Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I don’t know Callum.  But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now? Fuck off

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.   We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skin

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

All will be great until Chopra sticks the entire transfer budget on a three legged nag in the 3.20 at Kempton.

can't do any worse than steve bruce spending £40 million on a two legged nag :icon_lol:

• Haha 7
5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The bid would raise an interested eyebrow if they hadn’t picked a championship player and gambling addict as the face of the whole thing. It’s a legit company

13CB0E78-B1D0-44FE-A111-375B071E9320.jpeg

Can’t be that wealthy, the bloke on the left can’t even afford socks

• Haha 3

I'm totally confused by all this, the Saudis withdrew the bid, it's over, why do food journalists continue to say the saga is not finished yet?

I'm convinced if the consortium really put pressure on the deal would go through but I dont think the Saudis really want it.

37 minutes ago, Carl said:

I'm totally confused by all this, the Saudis withdrew the bid, it's over, why do food journalists continue to say the saga is not finished yet?

I'm convinced if the consortium really put pressure on the deal would go through but I dont think the Saudis really want it.

If it puts more pressure on Masters then all the better. I tend to think it’s just something for papers to run with in the close season though 

• Like 1

These new bidders are simply after attention imo, so it a load of bollocks. The Saudi bid is over since the PL seem convinced of their own fucking nonsense being correct. The only way we get sold is likely what Wykiki said, we go down this season, Saudis reignite interest and purchase us subject to the EFL test, which probably won’t see anything like the EFL just deciding who the officers and directors are. 

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Just been thinking. I know,dangerous.

If we got relegated and then got took over by these. Then got promoted it would be fine? Surly that shows the whole process is bollocks init?

I think that’s exactly what will happen. Apart from the bit where we get bought by the Saudis 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

I think the section of the Saudis statement that talked about the investment no longer being commercially viable was the final nail for me but at least they know now how much want their investment however unless something drastically changes it won't happen.

Surely the Reuben Bros must have looked at the club and thought how commercially viable it actually is. Easily affordable given their wealth, probably £100m to challenge for Europe, huge opportunity to expand their established interests in the region.

I imagine if Staveley wins her Barclays case and goes half the Reubens could be interested, I dont think they want the lions share of the liabilities that go with owning a club, in fact during the Peter Kenyon takeover thing it was mentioned about Ashley keeping a percentage of the club.