Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I don’t know Callum.  But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now? Fuck off

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.   We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skin

Posted Images

On 23/04/2018 at 17:13, SpaceCadet said:

£380-400m :blink:

It's safe to say that whoever, if anybody ends up buying the club at anything close to Ashley's asking price they are more than keen on becoming the next custodian(s) of Newcastle United. 

Aye, but the pity for us I suppose is that if they managed to get it for £300m, we might have an extra £80-100m to spend. I'm sure it wouldn't work like that in reality but even so.

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye, but the pity for us I suppose is that if they managed to get it for £300m, we might have an extra £80-100m to spend. I'm sure it wouldn't work like that in reality but even so.

I think we're going to spend 70-100 regardless of our custodian, for me the bonus would be Rafa spending the extra money from moving players out.

3 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Decent effort from you,but a little insensitive.I was adopted at a very young age but if I ever look into who my real dad is,I'll mention your comment.

What would you do if you discovered your Dad was a Mackem, and had played for them? 

13 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

What would you do if you discovered your Dad was a Mackem, and had played for them? 

It's a possibility. How old was his mother when she had him?

I don't mind the idea of us living within our means, it's the unpredictability of the owner and also his inability to maximise revenue which is an issue if that is how we're going to play it in the long run. Especially as so much then rides on the manager and how lucky we currently are in that regard

You have to say that the only rational reading of all Ashley's attempts to sell are that he uses it to get the fans onside. He has no intention of actually selling unless an offer that's over-the-odds comes in.

It's obviously difficult to quantify how much the club is worth - we've got more potential than Southampton, but you'd have to value us lower than, say, Everton, mostly thanks to the relegations and mismanagement that came due to Ashley.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, rogerbarton said:

You have to say that the only rational reading of all Ashley's attempts to sell are that he uses it to get the fans onside. He has no intention of actually selling unless an offer that's over-the-odds comes in.

It's obviously difficult to quantify how much the club is worth - we've got more potential than Southampton, but you'd have to value us lower than, say, Everton, mostly thanks to the relegations and mismanagement that came due to Ashley.

Lower than the 2nd team in their city who need to spend £400million on a new stadium?

1 hour ago, rogerbarton said:

I would say that Allardyce merits a hefty discount to Everton’s market value