Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

We might have a reason to survive this fucking pandemic after all lads! Sure we’ll have lost our homes and might be sucking cocks for supper but ambition could just return to Newcastle. Imagine actually wanting to win stuff again?  

I won’t believe it until there’s black and white burqas in Fenwick's window though.  

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, trooper said:

What's your gut feeling lads I so want to get rid of the fat slug & that odious little bald headed twat.

Sounds like all is agreed and it just needs PL approval.

That shouldn’t be straightforward because of Saudi’s obvious poor human rights record but the political pressure to avoid them failing this test will be huge.

Bird in the Mirror has already done an article about sportwashing, obviously with regard to the Saudi's. No doubt we'll be getting every negative story possible in that regard, when there's hardly been a peep about Sheffield United, let alone Man City. I don't recall exactly what the media was like when the Abu Dhabi group took over Citeh, but I don't think there was that much of a negative reaction. The UAE may not be quite as bad as Saudi Arabia on human rights, but it's relatively marginal.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Sounds like all is agreed and it just needs PL approval.

That shouldn’t be straightforward because of Saudi’s obvious poor human rights record but the political pressure to avoid them failing this test will be huge.

I don’t know much about the fit and proper test, is it more focused on the money i.e. ensuring it’s from legitimate means? If so I agree that the political pressure would force the FA (or PL?) hand, I can’t see them having the spine to essentially say the Saudi governments money is illegitimate. Tbh even if it’s focused on their character/a mix of the two I’d be hard pressed to think they would stand up to the Saudi Arabian state and call them out. It would be a pretty dicey move for the governing body to make, and could potentially see them end up in a court system. 

I also feel the FA’s eyes will light up at the mere thought of all this money money money money money, seeing as they are a bunch of greedy pigs. 

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

I don’t know much about the fit and proper test, is it more focused on the money i.e. ensuring it’s from legitimate means? If so I agree that the political pressure would force the FA (or PL?) hand, I can’t see them having the spine to essentially say the Saudi governments money is illegitimate. Tbh even if it’s focused on their character/a mix of the two I’d be hard pressed to think they would stand up to the Saudi Arabian state and call them out. It would be a pretty dicey move for the governing body to make, and could potentially see them end up in a court system. 

I also feel the FA’s eyes will light up at the mere thought of all this money money money money money, seeing as they are a bunch of greedy pigs. 

And Sheffield Utd already have Saudi money. Although I suppose their money is less directly linked to the ruling Prince. But again the UAE's human rights record isn't that much better than the Saudi's, so if Sheik Mansour, who's the deputy prime-minister and member of the royal family, can get passed so should the Saudi's.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Bird in the Mirror has already done an article about sportwashing, obviously with regard to the Saudi's. No doubt we'll be getting every negative story possible in that regard, when there's hardly been a peep about Sheffield United, let alone Man City. I don't recall exactly what the media was like when the Abu Dhabi group took over Citeh, but I don't think there was that much of a negative reaction. The UAE may not be quite as bad as Saudi Arabia on human rights, but it's relatively marginal.

Aye, we’ll be getting pelters. It’s already started on Twitter and we haven’t even actually been sold:

I love how we are the ones at fault here for being excited at the prospect of getting rid of a bloke who has been a fucking parasite, and getting owners in that might take us up to the top level. The fault doesn’t lie with the governing bodies that have for years allowed people with very questionable backgrounds to invest in sport, even the likes of Abramovic at Chelsea are pretty unsavory. If the governing body doesn’t do anything to stop it is his point that we should all turn our back on the club? And what would that accomplish? We were laughed at by people like him for trying to do that to Ashley. 

I also hope that lad made sure he sent that tweet on a device that wasn’t produced by a sweatshop or wasn’t a product of another unethical type of situation. 

He’s a mackem apparently, so that explains it. The first of many tbh. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

it absolutely is sport washing. we are trading a tyrannical retail magnate for real life barbarous tyrants.

i'll still be happy to see ashley out

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it absolutely is sport washing. we are trading a tyrannical retail magnate for real life barbarous tyrants.

Not saying it isn't. What I'm saying is that the press/sports media will likely very quickly find their moral outrage when it's us being bought, fingers crossed. Again I haven't heard anything in that regard with Sheffield United, and very little for Man City either.

Edited by Polarboy

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Agreed, it’s another thing I will unfortunately turn a blind eye to. Same way I do with where all my electronics, clothes, etc come from, even with food etc. I think we are going to see a lot of people try what that Michael Potts is trying but they themselves are utter hypocrites as well. 

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

Agreed, it’s another thing I will unfortunately turn a blind eye to. Same way I do with where all my electronics, clothes, etc come from, even with food etc. I think we are going to see a lot of people try what that Michael Potts is trying but they themselves are utter hypocrites as well. 

If you own a mobile phone you’ve got blood on your hands. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Pif could buy Netflix and delete them for a bit of a lol

15 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye, we’ll be getting pelters. It’s already started on Twitter and we haven’t even actually been sold:

I love how we are the ones at fault here for being excited at the prospect of getting rid of a bloke who has been a fucking parasite, and getting owners in that might take us up to the top level. The fault doesn’t lie with the governing bodies that have for years allowed people with very questionable backgrounds to invest in sport, even the likes of Abramovic at Chelsea are pretty unsavory. If the governing body doesn’t do anything to stop it is his point that we should all turn our back on the club? And what would that accomplish? We were laughed at by people like him for trying to do that to Ashley. 

I also hope that lad made sure he sent that tweet on a device that wasn’t produced by a sweatshop or wasn’t a product of another unethical type of situation. 

He’s a mackem apparently, so that explains it. The first of many tbh. 

I've heard that PIF have been digging around for information to ingratiate their way into our good books. Don't shoot the messenger but I'm hearing they've earmarked £10m to buy the Sunderland first team squad and are going to let them wear their safc tracksuits when they're being ball boys at our home games next season. :good:

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

It reminds of the type of people who'll sanctimoniously get up on their soap box for anything and everything, and when you point out they have an iPhone they're like, I still have to, like, live in the world that exists man. 

• Like 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official