Jump to content
Meenzer

World Cup 2018

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

(and lost against)

You're either on the wind-up or you need to go have a good cry to get it out of your system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Well, unlike you lot I've really enjoyed this world cup overall, its been great to have a supportable England team again and who knows, might actually look to the nations league and qualification for the euros with some enjoyment in mind.

It feels a far cry from the gerrard/lampard/rooney/terry era now and thank god for that.

Congratulations, Andrew. You’ve won the only realistic England fan on here tonight award.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, adios said:

You're either on the wind-up or you need to go have a good cry to get it out of your system.

 

Why because I haven't forgiven all of his shortcomings because he beat Columbia and Sweden? You're right, hopefully he replaces Benitez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a wanker. If he's there in 2 years the squad will me 95% the same. He showed that you can't play your way into his clique. He picked his favourites, beat some shite on pens, beat a poor Sweden and lost to a country with 5% our population. Now he's a hero. Nice guy though and SEMIS SO YEAHHHH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, beatty said:

 

He's been a manager for 12 years and won fuck all.  And this is the England job, you'd don't have time to improve. 

Didn't he win the league cup at Boro? Which is more than the likes of Allerdyce has done. And, whisper it, Keegan too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Now he's a hero.

Aye, seems like it. :lol:  

 

You're not being controversial here, you're reading from the same old tired script.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, adios said:

Aye, seems like it. :lol:  

 

You're not being controversial here, you're reading from the same old tired script.

 

Nope the tired script is no passion players not interested etc. The script this time is that the players likeability and an easy run has gotten the country behind a squad which in turn has masked his shortcomings. I'm not sure when that's been the script in the past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

 

Wasn't that McClaren?

 

Maybe. :lol:

 

There's a football corridor at my work with football posters on , with Southgate raising the league cup. Someone had put a photocopy of the Jules Rimet over it. Guess he was a player.

 

Fair enough, fuck him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

 

Nope the tired script is no passion players not interested etc. The script this time is that the players likeability and an easy run has gotten the country behind a squad which in turn has masked his shortcomings. I'm not sure when that's been the script in the past

:cry: 

 

Go soak your dick in tears and knock it out of your system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, adios said:

:cry: 

 

Go soak your dick in tears and knock it out of your system.

 

I'm not even that bothered, Patrick. I'm more pissed off that he's getting praised for beating basically no cunt whilst Shelvey and Lascelles played out of their skin for a season and didn't get a look in. He's a cunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

 

I'm not even that bothered, Patrick. I'm more pissed off that he's getting praised for beating basically no cunt whilst Shelvey and Lascelles played out of their skin for a season and didn't get a look in. He's a cunt.

As someone who has watched every England game I can tell you that neither of those players would have gotten you to the final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ewerk said:

As someone who has watched every England game I can tell you that neither of those players would have gotten you to the final.

 

As somebody that has watched us keep one clean sheet all tournament I can tell you that picking a centre half that was statistically one of the PL's best last season would have made a difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm amazed we got so far and thoroughly enjoyed that :D

 

Not getting involved in the recriminations here but that's the first time i can remember that England haven't been a total fucking let down.

 

If we'd managed to get a second goal in the first half we'd have won it. But its a young team and clearly we need some work on scoring from open play. Nobody is perfect though.

 

France to win, though I'd rather Croatia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m totally fucking gutted man. Which is great because it means I care about England so well done to the players and the manager for that. I enjoyed supporting this team and Southgate. 

Im also totally pissed. Hope I can remember this tomorrow 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×