VAR... really??

PaddockLad

A housemaid went into a hotel room after knocking and getting no reply, whlist in the room Ms Vorderman (countdown days) appeared from the bathroom.

Aforesaid housemaid was friends with an acquaintance of mine and he took great delight in telling everyone that Ms Vorderman shaved her bits.

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

A housemaid went into a hotel room after knocking and getting no reply, whlist in the room Ms Vorderman (countdown days) appeared from the bathroom.

Aforesaid housemaid was friends with an acquaintance of mine and he took great delight in telling everyone that Ms Vorderman shaved her bits.

Carol's bits. (Bits!)

Always believe in her shaved bits

Just as impressive as her tits

It's indestructible 

Always believe in 

Carol's bits, (bits!)

Etc, etc.

1_Celebrities-at-the-ITV-studios.jpg

• Haha 8

The VAR lads are doing their best here, but the frame stopping and line drawing is ridiculously vague.

Automate it and look for daylight between players to give the attacking team the advantage. I'm sick of seeing goals ruled out because a player is 1 pixel offside 

• Like 5

I’m in favour of scrapping it completely but it’s never going to happen.

id be happy with AI semi-automated offsides and goal line technology. Let the onfield ref do the rest. 

Id consider the captain requesting 1 VAR challenge per half/game if they felt eg there was  a stonewall penalty not given.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The VAR lads are doing their best here, but the frame stopping and line drawing is ridiculously vague.

Automate it and look for daylight between players to give the attacking team the advantage. I'm sick of seeing goals ruled out because a player is 1 pixel offside 

I didn't see that you'd posted this, and have just posted the same. Think they do the best given the tech available tbh. 

20 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

'VAR Thread? Nah, I'll put it in Generic'

'Ooo I've got a great post about the Sheff United game, might put it in the gaming forum'

:cuppa:

That’s Wykiki officially withdrawing from lobbying to join the Nerd Stat Squad.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

That’s Wykiki officially withdrawing from lobbying to join the Nerd Stat Squad.

Gemmill would like you to refer to them as the Excel Bullies.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I looked at where they were drawing those lines and thought where they positioned the first shoulder line looked like they hadn't taken into account the rest of his arm. Regardless of the penalty decision, where they drew that first line seemed to make the Chelsea player offside due to the ridiculously tight margins rather than marginally inside with a redrawn line. I still think if you're looking at that level of detail, you shouldn't be doing it from an obscure angle and should instead have some kind of line tech running right along the pitch for photo finish kind of margins. Romero is still a dirty bastard though

• Like 1

Aye, it was a foul. It was almost like the ref didn’t have the balls to give it but was hoping VAR would give him the nudge. 

He was about 6 yards away from it with a clear view.

• Like 1

On 28/04/2024 at 07:33, Holden McGroin said:

Aye, it was a foul. It was almost like the ref didn’t have the balls to give it but was hoping VAR would give him the nudge. 

He was about 6 yards away from it with a clear view.

Is this not exactly an example of what isn’t being addressed enough?

The responsibility and the skill (I know) of the on pitch officials has been completely undermined, in fact I’d go so far as to say destroyed.

The most obvious example being (pretty) obvious offside play being allowed to continue until a ‘goal’ has been scored.

• Like 2