Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Watched a film called "13" last neet. What a load of wank, please don't waste 90 minutes of your life. It's about a gambling game, where millionaires turn out in this mansion to bet on people dying. Basically there's 16 blokes who play this game, all skint, while millionaire and billionaires look on having placed seven figure bets on the outcomes and they stand round in a circle with their gun pointed to the back of the head of the person in front. They all get one bullet, and have to spin the cylinder which has 6 bullet slots. When the light turns on they have to pull the trigger, obviously some cark it. That's a brief synopsis. Jason Statham and Ray Winstone are in it, they should be embarrassed by such a shit show. Why is it too, that these yank films nearly always portray the English people in it as cunts? 2/10

Haven't seen the remake, but I've seen the original and I'm sure it's a far better watch - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13_Tzameti

Canny harsh like.

He's done confident, loud, normal, fat characters well - Almost Famous, The Boat That Rocked, Moneyball, The Ides of March, Before The Devil knows You're Dead, Punch Drunk Love....

Just that he'll never do anything better than Happiness, where he clearly played himself :D

From that answer, can I assume he's playing a fat weirdo in this?

And Stevie, watch the original 13/Tzameti. It's fucking mint.

It Happened One Night

All the way through I kept thinking I'd seen each scene before, but assumed it was on some clips show or other, but then I realised I have seen the whole film before, it just hadn't been that memorable. Still watched it through to the end though because it is very pleasant. Much prefer His Girl Friday for a comedy about a smart talking journalist getting the sassy girl despite rubbing each other the wrong way though.

Miracle on 34th Street (remake)

I'm not a bah humbug sort, I love the Muppets Christmas carol and Santa Clause The Movie, but this film really annoyed me. Ostensibly the premise is that if you don't believe in Santa you're a cunt. But the underlying notion is that if you don't believe in God, or have faith, despite lack of evidence then you're a cunt. The judge decrees santa is real, because money has "in god we trust" on it, so if the government sanctions that belief then he has to sanction belief in Santa. Bollocks! Get "in God we trust" off your money. That's the lesson to take from that. Much prefer Harvey for a comedy about ignoring evidence and not having to be right.

Valkyrie. It was basically a British film where they got Tom Cruise to play the lead. I thought it was canny actually, although the fact our German hero had an American accent and all the other Germans spoke very prim and proper English did take something away from it...

Thought The Hobbit might be canny at the flicks with it being a kids book so not as arse-numbing as sitting through TLOTR. Until I found out it's nearly 3 hours long and only part 1 of 3. Mohamed on a camel.

Thought The Hobbit might be canny at the flicks with it being a kids book so not as arse-numbing as sitting through TLOTR. Until I found out it's nearly 3 hours long and only part 1 of 3. Mohamed on a camel.

Fucking hell. I thought when they were splitting it to 3, we'd see 3, 100 minute or so films. Fuck that.

Silver Linings Playbook - quite entertaining but the most predictable and cliche ridden story you've seen since the last 20 identikit rom-coms you sat through. Jennifer Lawrence is good in it and DeNiro isn't as unbearable as he has been of late. Take the lady along rather than the lads though.

Thought they were doing 2 :unsure:

EDIT: Christ, it is 3. Batty that like.

2 are hobbit and the third is connecting the hobbit and Lotr I think, tbh I can't wait

No it wasn't, I love the Lotr films, more = good as far as I'm concerned whether they're milking it or not they're not lacking source material, its hardly quantum of solace

I can't get my head around that. It's a third of the size of Lord of the Rings yet we're still going to get the same amount of screen time.