Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

It's never even half the content of TLOTR though. And yes, I've read them all. It should be one film about 2 hours long (max) imo. The whole point of The Hobbit is that it's a much more light-hearted prequel

lotr films could have been 3 times as long really...the books certainly allow it. So the Hobbit could easily be as long as 6 hours - whether it is an entertaining 6 hours is a different thing. I have a feeling I will enjoy part 1 but not 2 cos I can't be arsed with dragons

Edited by Ruler of Planet Houston

So one of the films is going to cover the appendices?

:D

I loved the LOTR films too btw. Watched all 4 commentaries on all 3 special editions :blush2:

I'm sure I'll enjoy the new ones too, but where LOTR failed was where it stuck too close to the book (an hour of film to get through AFTER the ring was destroyed for example), not sure including all the notes from appendices is necessarily a good thing.

LOTR films were really boring. This one looks more of a laugh.

I fell asleep about 45 mins from the end of The Return of the King. I fell asleep again when I tried to watch the last 45 mins a couple of nights later.

I fell asleep about 45 mins from the end of The Return of the King. I fell asleep again when I tried to watch the last 45 mins a couple of nights later.

I tried to watch the first one twice but fell asleep both times.

I also disliked the blatant reverence for the characters which imo assumes that the viewer has read the books and so is on the edge of their seats at each introduction to see if whoever it is lives up to their expectations.

LOTR yet another film/series of films that I've never seen...

I did watch Happy Feet for the first time today though, and found many DVD's (including Pulp Fiction :P) when I was unpacking that are still in their wrappers...

LOTR yet another film/series of films that I've never seen...

I did watch Happy Feet for the first time today though, and found many DVD's (including Pulp Fiction :P) when I was unpacking that are still in their wrappers...

That Triffidy people movie better not still be in its wrapper!!!! :aussie:

Cineworld have just bought Picturehouses. Hopefully it wont impact too much on the Indy scene. I've got a Picturehouses cinema 300 yards from my house so very handy.

I recently became a member, they're a God send in London. Can watch the latest releases, with a beer and all right food, sat in comfortable chairs, without arsehole kids making loads of noise or paying through the nose for the privilege. An adult ticket is £5.80 with the member-discount, I think? £35 a year is a fucking bargain as well, certainly when you get discounted drinks in their bar and 3 free tickets per year as well.

An hour into Twilight - breaking dawn part 1. Unremittingly shit so far. They got married and fucked. And that is everything that has happened. The film could have started here and everything that has happened would be implied anyway.

Watched Bronson last night. Nicolas Winding Refn directs. He's the bloke who did the Pusher series before this and has since done Drive. I thought It was brilliant...as Refn tends to be it seems. Tom Hardy is unbelievably good. Not as good as Chopper, which its along the same lines as, but not much is.

Pitch Perfect: Quite a decent feel good college setting film with acapella bands battling each other for a trophy.

The girl with the dragon tattoo: Just fancied watching it again and still loved it.

Number one waiting to see is The Spirit of St Louis.

Also saw the teaser for the new Start Trek film which looks immense.

The Bourne Legacy - I thought the first half of the film was building up to a clever, well thought out finish but instead all we got was a bog standard overly long chase scene and the grand finale of watching them sail off into the sunset.

Disappointing - 6/10.

Watched a documentary called Vegucated at the weekend and my relationship with meat has been in turmoil ever since. It basically showed some stuff about farming practices and the horrendous cruelty involved and I've not had any meat since Friday night. :lol:

Fucking livid about the whole thing tbh. Wish I'd never watched it.