Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Duchess (6/10)

Not as cack as I thought it would be. I got it for my Mother for Mothers day - that and some free chocolates from Tesco :razz:, So I thought I would at least sit down and watch it with her.

Definitely a women's film like :(

Fucking hell man. :(

Lone Star 8/10. Got it on video when it came out and was left really disapointed as I was expecting more of a thriller but caught again on TCM the other night and can't understand how I missed out on how good a film this is.

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

Schindlers list for kids, it didn't quite cut the mustard for me. I ended up picking holes in the smallest things.

Why was the Jewish kid chubbier than the German?

Were the concentration camps really so bereft of soldiers that a kid playing catch over the fence goes unnoticed?

Then there was the huts that Schmuel and his mates were supposed to be building that were frames at the start of the film and still frames (presumably weeks later) at the end. No wonder they were exterminating people if they worked that slow. :huh: Shite set design though, seriously.

Didn't Schmuel think to look in his own hut for his dad earlier?

Ridiculous finale. It was like the Life of Brian - "it's not actually my cross!"

The main kid was good, and i think it'd be excellent for a lot of 12 year olds to watch.

Saw 'The Wrestler' at the Tyneside on Wednesday, first time there since the makeover (nice job). I'd found it almost impossible to see this in the mainstream cinemas when it was first realeased.

A good film I thought, although again one that perhaps doesn't quite deserve all the plaudits (one reviewer I read compared it with Raging Bull which is frankly way ott). The highlights for me was Micky Rourke seemingly waiting until the arse end of his career to prove he really is a fine actor, and the behind-the-scenes look at the wrestling fraternity which was class. I wonder if there really is that much camaraderie involved, be nice to think so. I wasn't sure about the ending, it seemed to leave to many loose ends, but maybe that was the point.

I've not seen Diner or Barfly, but he's supposed to be great in them.

Good in Barfly.

Just finished watching Battlestar Galactica's series finale. I loved that show.

Take the presidents meandering and overblown cancer storyline out and it would have been perfect. It really marred the pacing all those introspective scenes and her with wig/without wig/with glasses/without glasses....etc...

That blonde Cylon. :huh:

Edited by Park Life

There Will Be Blood

Loved it. Absolutely loved it. I'm always impressed with Daniel Day Lewis and his performance in this film is remarkable. Really harrowing stuff to see his character decline into madness at times; that scene with his son in the restaurant made me feel so uncomfortable because of the way he was acting. Spectacular. :lol:

Gran Turino

Was a good show aye, Eastwood doing what he does best. Being a hard as nails cool motherfucker. Definately worth a watch.

Gran Turino

Was a good show aye, Eastwood doing what he does best. Being a hard as nails cool motherfucker. Definately worth a watch.

Went to see it last night. Funny as fuck.

The kid is a bit shite like, but it's easily up there with Clint's best work - Unforgiven and A Perfect World.

Patton 8/10. Classic war movie and biopic of a mental general. George C Scott is great as ever.

The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover 6/10. Gambon is outstanding as the vile Spica and it looks stunning but I didn't really get what they were trying to do with it.

Patton 8/10. Classic war movie and biopic of a mental general. George C Scott is great as ever.

didn't Scott turn down the best actor Oscar for that role ?

didn't Scott turn down the best actor Oscar for that role ?

Aye I think your right. Don't know who he was up against but I can imagine it was fully deserved.