Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Off his tits

FYP :D

Watched most of 'Assault on Precinct 13' last night. The remake that is. Utterly pointless and pretty dreadful I thought.

I love Phillip Morris - Decent enough 6.7/10

i really enjoyed it. made me laugh throughout.

i really like jim carrey in straight roles. or straight gay roles in this case

Inception

4/10

It's one of those concepts that looks good on paper, but after the first round of pretty explosions and a script that explains continously everything that is happenning and is going to happen (to the point you don't give a fuck about the characters - never mind their dreams), you give up after about an hour and try and get some kip. Utter pish. It's always a warning sign when the dir is the writer as well. Just nobody around to say no that's a bit repetitive ain't it guv!!?

:scratchchin:

If you were a king of yore, you'd be known as "Parky the Contrary"

Just being honest.

...aaand what's with DeCaprio? This waddling motherfucker has mastered one look and it's "I'm quite concerned/worried/confused at what's happenning here, but how the fuck has this babyface cunt (people laughed in the cinema when he took a fairy flick punch at Damon in The Departed) built a career around that? How? I'll tell you how cause at one point for a period of about 5 years he looked quite pretty (not even in a Jude Law kind of way) but in a I'm still wearing nappies and use face cream on my ass kind of way. I think he was alright as Howard Hughes (but that's a makeup job - people always take old looking people more seriously on the screen) and was he in Revolutionary Road? If he was he was passable in that as well. Really man! Stop putting him in films till he's fifty and looks thirty.

Edited by Park Life

Tsunami: Caught on Camera

This was on channel 4 the other day. Originally aired in December but I never saw it then. I watched it 'On demand' last night and it was incredible. I never saw footage like this at the time. All I saw on the news when it happened was a few feet of standing water in the resorts and I couldn't fathom how it killed a quarter of a million people. This footage showed me how. The images will stick in my head for a long time. Like a bloke stood on the beach, not even trying to run away as the 30 foot wave crashes into him. Big boats being swallowed by the wave. A bloke trying to turn his van in the street as a trickle of water comes down the road, within 20 seconds the road is under 6 feet of water and the van has been overturned and submerged. Or an elderly couple holding onto a tree and reaching up to a man who's stretching and only a foot from grabbing them...before the force becomes too much and they're swept under. Horrifying stuff, made all the more poweful by interviews with survivors telling the story of their footage, the loved ones they lost and the guilt of surviving.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/tsunami-caught-on-camera

If you haven't seen it, you should.

In bed, 5 hours after watching it Mrs HF complained she couldn't sleep for thinking about it.

Edited by Happy Face

This was on channel 4 the other day. Originally aired in December but I never saw it then. I watched it 'On demand' last night and it was incredible. I never saw footage like this at the time. All I saw on the news when it happened was a few feet of standing water in the resorts and I couldn't fathom how it killed a quarter of a million people. This footage showed me how. The images will stick in my head for a long time. Like a bloke stood on the beach, not even trying to run away as the 30 foot wave crashes into him. Big boats being swallowed by the wave. A bloke trying to turn his van in the street as a trickle of water comes down the road, within 20 seconds the road is under 6 feet of water and the van has been overturned and submerged. Or an elderly couple holding onto a tree and reaching up to a man who's stretching and only a foot from grabbing them...before the force becomes too much and they're swept under. Horrifying stuff, made all the more poweful by interviews with survivors telling the story of their footage, the loved ones they lost and the guilt of surviving.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/tsunami...era/4od#3083615

In bed, 5 hours after watching it Mrs HF complained she couldn't sleep for thinking about it.

I watched this when it first aired and found it compelling.

As with you, it really brought home to me the full power and horror of the tsunami.

The scenes you mention are ones I can still clearly recall from December.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/tsunami...era/4od#3083615

I watched it when it was shown and found the way people's fates were only revealed as the programme progressed to be particularly effective - ones you though were goners survived and others... well fucking hell.

Aye I saw that as well. The fucking sea of debris pushing people towards the bridge was terrifying.

Those sex tourist blokes with the ropey accents were fucking hilarious.

It was absolutely terrifying though - that German family with the toddlers trying to outrun the wave. Having sat for 5 minutes filming it building.

To be fair to Parky (if he has seen it) Inception hasn't had universal praise at all.

I'd like to tell you just how bad Inception really is, but since it is barely even remotely lucid, no sane description is possible.

Everything he (Nolan) does is forced and overthought, and Inception, far from being his ticket into hall-of-fame greatness, is a very expensive-looking, elephantine film whose myriad so-called complexities -- of both the emotional and intellectual sort -- add up to a kind of ADD tedium.

It's obvious that Nolan either can't articulate or doesn't believe in a distinction between living feelings and dreams--and his barren Inception doesn't capture much of either.

Overall Metacritic has avatar 10 points better....

http://www.metacritic.com/film/

Rotten Tomatoes says How To Train Your Dragon and Nanny McPhee are fresher...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt...r.php?year=2010

I've still not seen inception, but I'm not going in with particularly raised expectations. The stinking reviews have made me cautious.

You are one of the few people I take seriously in the film thread.

It really is poor and as you can see earlier in the thread I was too really looking forward to it. I gave it a 4 cause there are some good moments.

Having seen A Prophet a few weeks ago and since watched it again, my expectations of late have been high.

One carnal error in the writing is that if you want the audience to care about a guy and his family it might be worth showing the emotional bonds at

the start of the film, so that the audience have soemthing to hold onto. The absense of which just makes what follows hollow and overworked, cause we

don't really give a fuck about him and his 'wife' or whatever level of dream he is lost in after drinking what looks like a bottle of aftershave. :scratchchin:

My biggest issue as I said earlier is that the visuals are good, but the ideas and writing they carry are forced and vacous and there is little tension or mystery...Matrix is 100 time better. And all the women in it are cack as well.

"The architect working for Cobb at the beginning of the movie (he’s played, all too briefly, by Lukas Haas) meets a bad end after installing the wrong kind of shag carpeting in an important dream. Perhaps these dreams need interior decorators, too, to prevent future faux pas, but let’s not get off-track." :icon_lol::scratchchin: