Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Did you see it in 3D. I was disgusted that I paid £3 extra for the privilege. Brought absolutely nothing extra to the film

I agree with this. It spoilt it a bit for me if anything because I find the glasses very uncomfortable. Still a great film though!

The A Team. Great fun.

Did you see it in 3D. I was disgusted that I paid £3 extra for the privilege. Brought absolutely nothing extra to the film

I did aye. Agree with you as well - it never really added much value. Although it was canny enough to see my first 3D film.

...except it was in 3D.

Was it? Looked like slightly blurry 2D to me.

Most definitely.

They just didn't use the gimmick to point anything out of the screen at you.

The A team.

Not as bad as I thought it would be. Pretty unbelievable at times but if you go in with an open mind its a good popcorn movie.

I read on Twitter earlier someone saying that the A-Team was essentially an Americanised version of The Goodies :)

Twilight

Twishite more like.

You deserve some credit for still giving it a go despite everyone saying how awful it is! I've had to sit through them all and I would at least say in the defence of the series that the first one is miles worse than the ones that have come after (although they're still school girl shite!).

Twilight

Twishite more like.

You deserve some credit for still giving it a go despite everyone saying how awful it is! I've had to sit through them all and I would at least say in the defence of the series that the first one is miles worse than the ones that have come after (although they're still school girl shite!).

I had high hopes. Kermode says it's a better trilogy than the original Star Wars.

:)

I had the first Twilight on my sky planner but then watched the YouTube thing which takes the piss by mixing it with Buffy. I realised it would be a pale imitation of the real thing (I'm a shameless Buffy fan) so I deleted Twilight. Nothing I've seen written or clips I've seen of it or its sequel make me regret it.

Watched The Book of Eli last night.

It's not bad, I think I sort of came in expecting too much- with the Hughes Brothers directing, Gary Oldman and Denzel doing their thing in a post-apocalypse setting, I had really high hopes, but it left me wanting a bit.

I've thought about it on my way into work today because I couldn't exactly figure out what I didn't like about it some last night after I finished watching it, and I think it's just sort of a weak script. It's not horrible, but without trying to give a ton away, it's just sort of a weak idea to begin with. Could be this movie was the victim of an overzealous editor or a studio head trying to keep a budget, I don't know... the things the movie gets right... I guess what I'm saying is it's hard to believe that the movie gets some things (some very small things like, "Let me see your hands" to detect Prion disease thus ensuring cannibals are detected), so very right, yet misses such a big target later on.

Saying that, it's beautifully shot, the main actors do a good job with what they're given to work with, and the action sequences are well done. It's worth watching, but I'm having trouble with why a bunch of the people I work with think this is the greatest movie ever.

FWIW, yes, there's religious (read: Christian) overtones to the movie, but I don't agree with some of the reviews that it's all ham-fisted for Jesus or whatever. Saying you can't get through this movie because there's too much God in it is sort of like saying you didn't like Goodfellas because you hate criminals- it's an integral part of the story.

The Mummy.

Never seem such a memorising transition of creature to sand in some trippy sleek way for such an elegant exit. Impotent, I mean Imotep walking around in a waistcoat sucking his victims dry of sex wee in return for 25% regeneration per vicitm to human in search of his fantasty love, Anaksunapoon and sex ornaments to give the ritual a proper opening.

Thumbs firmly up from me!

Edited by Acid