Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Recommended by HF and my mate Dan tbf. Fucking mint set of fillums.

The kitchen man?

Dan! Dan! Dan!!!!!....Dan!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by alex

302px-Waterworld.jpg

Can't see why it's viewed as such a turkey. Fantastically good fun I thought. You can't get better than a Dennis Hopper baddy. Can anyone else smoke a tab on screen as well as he can? Buckets of ridiculous moments, but I thought it never took itself at all seriously so (like Charlies Angels or Spy Kids) you can forgive it any unbelievable set pieces because it winks at you as it does it.

Kevin Costner seemed to be taking it serious though, but as he was the only one, it just made it funnier.

Roll on part 2 I say.

Edited by Happy Face

no men like old country sorts, of whatever its called.

was canny, bit of a messy and unsatisfying conclusion, but fucking engaging by and large. The psycho killer will go down in move history imho.

Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa

The Great Silence.

Fantastic Spaghetti Western set in the small village of Snowhill in Utah, the setting is fantastic as it varies from a lot of Spaghetti Westerns simply due to the amount of actual snow in the film, which only adds to the picture. Silence has soon become one of my favourite characters as well due to his actual style, the ending is fantastic as well, I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched it yet, but fans of the genre I'd really recommend. Morricone does the scores as well. ;)

Also stars one Gaizka Mendieta.

klauskinskisilenzio05fb1.jpg

Are the other two in the Dollars trilogy any good? I assume they're all standalone films rather than connected?

Both are class and you can watch them separately aye. TGTBATU is a prequel to the other two really.

Bought the 3 of them (with Hang 'Em High) quite cheap on Amazon a while ago (the box set with four films being cheaper than the trilogy - Hang 'Em High has nothing to do with the others though apart from it being a western with Clint Eastwood in it so it's a bit of a strange box-set).

Bought the 3 of them (with Hang 'Em High) quite cheap on Amazon a while ago (the box set with four films being cheaper than the trilogy - Hang 'Em High has nothing to do with the others though apart from it being a western with Clint Eastwood in it so it's a bit of a strange box-set).

Collecting WWII films atm.

Brick

awe-diddly-awesome

loved the film, it's incredibly cool. I don't mean it's a cool film, I mean that the action, the dialogue, the acting is "cool". It's how I wish I sounded at my most eloquent.

definitely recommend it.

Saints and soldiers was good, recently watched that one.

Ice Cold in Alex?