Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Yes Man - Disappointingly bad. Really enjoyed the book so was hoping this would be at least okay. But no: real over the top bastardisation. In retrospect the trailer does the film justice. Rest in just filler really.

:mellow:

Yes Man - Disappointingly bad. Really enjoyed the book so was hoping this would be at least okay. But no: real over the top bastardisation. In retrospect the trailer does the film justice. Rest in just filler really.

:D

Funny though. :mellow:

Once

Irish film about a lonely musician who's still floundering along in life years after splitting with the love of his life, then he's given purpose by a married immigrant. His emotional resurgance is traced by musical growth from a deadbeat busker to recording studio tracks and heading to the bright lights of that there London. I wondered what all the fuss was half way through, it didn't seem to be going anywhere and wasn't really gripping me. But once they get in the studio it got hold of me a lot more, I ended up with a massive grin on my face.

The Good Shepherd

Slow moving story of the origins of the CIA. Drags along and MATT DAAAMON isn't great. His role needs him to be as dull and unemotional as he is, but you can never believe he's got a 22 year old son. The fictionalisation of real events like WW2 and The Bay of Pigs doesn't sit well with me either and as much as they might want to use those things to say something about the 'war on terror' (by shoe horning in references to current CIA hot potatoes like water boarding and oversight), the script has been doing the rounds for 20 years and it shows, it never actually says anything about what the CIA is or should be.

EDIT: But it looks lush and is geet classy.

Edited by Happy Face

Once

Irish film about a lonely musician who's still floundering along in life years after splitting with the love of his life, then he's given purpose by a married immigrant. His emotional resurgance is traced by musical growth from a deadbeat busker to recording studio tracks and heading to the bright lights of that there London. I wondered what all the fuss was half way through, it didn't seem to be going anywhere and wasn't really gripping me. But once they get in the studio it got hold of me a lot more, I ended up with a massive grin on my face.

The Good Shepherd

Slow moving story of the origins of the CIA. Drags along and MATT DAAAMON isn't great. His role needs him to be as dull and unemotional as he is, but you can never believe he's got a 22 year old son. The fictionalisation of real events like WW2 and The Bay of Pigs doesn't sit well with me either and as much as they might want to use those things to say something about the 'war on terror' (by shoe horning in references to current CIA hot potatoes like water boarding and oversight), the script has been doing the rounds for 20 years and it shows, it never actually says anything about what the CIA is or should be.

EDIT: But it looks lush and is geet classy.

Enjoyed The good shepherd.

Watched the first half of "War of the Worlds" (the Tom Cruise version).

Started falling asleep so turned it off - can anyone advise if it's worth watching the rest or should I save part of my life?

Underworld 3:rise of the lycans

I enjoyed the other 2 so gave it a go despite being a blatant needless threequel and I was actually fairly impressed, decent action sequences etc and michael sheen proving once again that he can make a film on his own

Kid Dynamite: Determined to spoil the ending of every new movie :mellow:

Was just about to post the same thing!

Imagine if he'd been around when The Italian Job had come out and had spoilt the end of that? He would have been lynched.

KD, less it, kidda, please.

Eagle Vs Shark

Wasn't as good as i had hoped for but worth a watch for some classic Jermaine moments!

on a different subject, does anyone watch The Wire (if there's a thread on it i cant find it so apologies.) ? Just finished watching the first series and its incredible!!

Eagle Vs Shark

Wasn't as good as i had hoped for but worth a watch for some classic Jermaine moments!

on a different subject, does anyone watch The Wire (if there's a thread on it i cant find it so apologies.) ? Just finished watching the first series and its incredible!!

The wire is utter class.

Eagle Vs Shark

The wire is utter class.

started a new thread for it, people need to watch this!

Watched the Yes Man last night. No where near as good as the book, but some chuckle worthy moments. To be honest though, those moments had little to do with the film and could have been shoe-horned into any Jim Carey Movie.

and Yes, the Wire is that good

To be honest though, those moments had little to do with the film and could have been shoe-horned into any Jim Carey Movie.

Exactly what I thought. Anyway, started reading the book again. Don't want the last memory I have of that story being the film.