Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Sounds Like Teen Spirit

It's a genre that's been done to death of late, the "documentary about subgroup of kids with a weird interest" thing, and I freely admit that my Eurovision fetish makes me a far from unbiased observer - but this is just lovely. Equal parts funny, poignant, powerful and downright entertaining, I defy you to watch it without grudgingly admitting it's a canny flick. And it's on at the Tyneside later this month so you've no excuse. :rolleyes: Be warned, though: you might end up wanting to adopt a camp-as-a-row-of-tents doe-eyed Cypriot boy.

It's one of four films being shown in Melbourne this month as part of a music film series. Mine's one of the other three :boogie:

Haha, excellent! Make sure you catch it when it's there. It won't exactly be your musical cup of cocoa, but something tells me you've a soft old heart in there somewhere. :yahoo:

Sounds Like Teen Spirit

It's a genre that's been done to death of late, the "documentary about subgroup of kids with a weird interest" thing, and I freely admit that my Eurovision fetish makes me a far from unbiased observer - but this is just lovely. Equal parts funny, poignant, powerful and downright entertaining, I defy you to watch it without grudgingly admitting it's a canny flick. And it's on at the Tyneside later this month so you've no excuse. :rolleyes: Be warned, though: you might end up wanting to adopt a camp-as-a-row-of-tents doe-eyed Cypriot boy.

It's one of four films being shown in Melbourne this month as part of a music film series. Mine's one of the other three :boogie:

Haha, excellent! Make sure you catch it when it's there. It won't exactly be your musical cup of cocoa, but something tells me you've a soft old heart in there somewhere. :yahoo:

You been talking to people again?!??

Silent Running 5/10. Fairly poor really.

:rolleyes:

I've not seen it but I did think it was more bollocks from Kermode.

If it's the one with the space garden, it's one of my fav sci fi films of all time.

If it's the one with the space garden, it's one of my fav sci fi films of all time.

:yahoo: Not as good as that surfing into the atmosphere one though.

:yahoo: Not as good as that surfing into the atmosphere one though.

Dark Star?

I have a collection of old films for a 'vampire fest' movie week. Lost Boys (I can watch that again and again) Lost Boys 2 (never seen it though I gather its very poor) Bram Stoker's Dracula.Wes Craven's Dracula 1 and 2. Twilight. Van Helsing. (I watched Interview with a vampire recently)

I also have the complete collection of Angel to watch too!!!!!! I've gone vampire crazy since I watched the entire Buffy compilation :rolleyes::yahoo:

:boogie: Not as good as that surfing into the atmosphere one though.

Dark Star?

Aye, it can only be randomly viewed at 3am when you're feverishly ill/drunk/high/near death however. :yahoo:

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance

7.5/10

I was expecting more plot twists or gore after seeing Oldboy.

Any film with so much gore they have to put a tarp down is gory enough like. :o

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance

7.5/10

I was expecting more plot twists or gore after seeing Oldboy.

Any film with so much gore they have to put a tarp down is gory enough like. :D

That's a cracking scene where they pierce the tarp!

Star Trek- Really enjoyed it, would recommend to people too.

good quality block buster which sets itself up as the beginning of a rebranded franchise. Well cast and with the right mix of humour and peril

But with an awful time travel paradox plot which completely spoiled it for me. Unless I'm mistaken they destroyed the traditional Star Trek Universe as told through the series at the same time? So unnecessary, surely they could have used this excellent cast to deliver a slightly more believable and less contradictory plot? Oh, Simon Pegg let the cast down too. Since when was Scotty such a joke character? 5/10 from me.

In Bruges.

Thought it was quality. Thought the ending was a bit corny like, but thought the rest of it lived up to what I expected. Really dark, very humerous and lovely scenery.

In Bruges.

Thought it was quality. Thought the ending was a bit corny like, but thought the rest of it lived up to what I expected. Really dark, very humerous and lovely scenery.

Thoroughly enjoyed that film - watched Transsiberian last week - was really good - maybe lacked the grand finale but i like those sort of tense thrillers that make you think rather than jump

good quality block buster which sets itself up as the beginning of a rebranded franchise. Well cast and with the right mix of humour and peril

But with an awful time travel paradox plot which completely spoiled it for me. Unless I'm mistaken they destroyed the traditional Star Trek Universe as told through the series at the same time? So unnecessary, surely they could have used this excellent cast to deliver a slightly more believable and less contradictory plot? Oh, Simon Pegg let the cast down too. Since when was Scotty such a joke character? 5/10 from me.

Some sanity at last.

In Bruges.

In my 2008 top 10 dontcha know. :razz:

Franklyn

just shit, could have been so much better, even staying with the obvious.. I daren't even say "twist", it was just a bit of a let down really.

I know exactly what you mean regarding the change of the timeline, and I did have a "WTF" moment myself but I think for the purpose of the prequals I think it's a stroke of genius, if not any future movies (and they must be planning a series of movies) would just be a retread and have to follow the ready well documented events of the Star Trek universe, but now they have a blank page on which to create a whole new saga, a masterstroke in my view but one that will clearly not be universally popular.

So let me get this straight in this Star Trek film filled with Aliens, warp travel, photon torpedoes, phasers, tractor beams, and transporters you found the time travelling plot not believeable enough?