Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Bee Movie

Not bad. Full of Seinfelsesque comedy.

Shame you have to put up with Renee Zelweggergerger

I watched that myself last night, are you my housemate? :(

It was shit. Whilst it could've been your standard enjoyable Pixar film, the sheer fact that clearly none of the writers had ever read a book on biology was what ruined it. I also honestly think that the movie should've ended as a daydream, because even for a Pixar film, the narrative was so unbelievable cliched and impossible, it spoiled the entire movie.

Some of the 'jokes' were a little risky mind! The white businessmen bit for example! <_<

The Ant Bully was far better.

Bee Movie

Not bad. Full of Seinfelsesque comedy.

Shame you have to put up with Renee Zelweggergerger

I watched that myself last night, are you my housemate? :(

It was shit. Whilst it could've been your standard enjoyable Pixar film, the sheer fact that clearly none of the writers had ever read a book on biology was what ruined it. I also honestly think that the movie should've ended as a daydream, because even for a Pixar film, the narrative was so unbelievable cliched and impossible, it spoiled the entire movie.

Some of the 'jokes' were a little risky mind! The white businessmen bit for example! <_<

The Ant Bully was far better.

That's what wor lass complained about. But I think that's why they added the bit about the impossibility of Bee's flying. I'm sure the makers wouldn't argue that a Bee would sue humans in real life.

Fighting- was watchable totally predictable but I didn't expect it to be anything groundbreaking anyway, was more impressed by the G.I Joe trailer that was on before it tbh.

Watching the best film of all time on Channel 5 at the moment.

Good to see none of you have seen Angels and Demons yet. If you do you are a cretin. FACT.

<_< I was planning on..

Breaking The Waves 6/10. Canny film but longer than it needed to be and I really couldn't understand how Skarsgard's character could have ever ended up with the looney toon that was Emily Watsons character im the first place.

Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Contry 7/10. Probably just behind Kahn as the best of the original films.

White Heat 9/10. Not watched much Cagney but I thought this was excellent so I'll be watching some more soon.

Star Trek 8/10. Did pretty much all you could ask from a Star Trek movie (Kirk shagging a green bitch, comedy relief from Scotty etc) and I think the alternate timeline thing isn't such a bad idea when you restarting a franchise like this.

Breaking The Waves 6/10. Canny film but longer than it needed to be and I really couldn't understand how Skarsgard's character could have ever ended up with the looney toon that was Emily Watsons character im the first place.

Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Contry 7/10. Probably just behind Kahn as the best of the original films.

White Heat 9/10. Not watched much Cagney but I thought this was excellent so I'll be watching some more soon.

Star Trek 8/10. Did pretty much all you could ask from a Star Trek movie (Kirk shagging a green bitch, comedy relief from Scotty etc) and I think the alternate timeline thing isn't such a bad idea when you restarting a franchise like this.

I thought Breaking the Waves was excellent. The Wrath of Kahn is easily the best Star Trek film for me too.

I thought Breaking the Waves was excellent. The Wrath of Kahn is easily the best Star Trek film for me too.

I think I was just expecting a bit more after the brilliant Dogville. As I said I tought it was canny but something just didn't fire me up.

Wrath of Khan is superb, I never tire of watching it, although The Undiscovered Country is very under-rated.

McCabe and Mrs Miller - The Western has been defined and redefined over and over by Porter, Ford, Leone, Peckinpah and Eastwood to name a few but I never realised Robert Altman had such a strong hand in it. A weak hero dominated by a stronger woman, no guns whatsoever until the climactic scenes, a wistful (gorgeous) soundtrack (by Leonard Coen) used only in interludes rather than orchestral action music you normally get to build scenes up. My brother's favourite film is Night at the Roxbury, but even he was moved to say how gorgeous the cinematography was. He mistakenly thought it was a nineties film too. Clearly 20 Years ahead of it's time. I loved it.

McCabe and Mrs Miller - The Western has been defined and redefined over and over by Porter, Ford, Leone, Peckinpah and Eastwood to name a few but I never realised Robert Altman had such a strong hand in it. A weak hero dominated by a stronger woman, no guns whatsoever until the climactic scenes, a wistful (gorgeous) soundtrack (by Leonard Coen) used only in interludes rather than orchestral action music you normally get to build scenes up. My brother's favourite film is Night at the Roxbury, but even he was moved to say how gorgeous the cinematography was. He mistakenly thought it was a nineties film too. Clearly 20 Years ahead of it's time. I loved it.

Didn't care much for it myself. Couldn't really put my finger on why but I just found it quite slow and pondering.

Into the wilderness - not quite sure waht to make of it tbh, but I did laugh a couple of times.

Is that the one with Sean Penn, or the Walter Von Herzog documentary about the loon who hung out with Grizzly Bears?

I liked that Australian film with Ray Winstone in it as a policeman trying to keep order by setting one brother against his other brothers. It is called The Choice, The Decision or something like that. Nick Cave did the music and may have done the screenplay as well.