Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Aye, I fancy reading the book now to be honest. It's not often that something praised by people whose opinions I trust passes me by so completely, so I'm inclined to think there must be more to it.

Aye, I fancy reading the book now to be honest. It's not often that something praised by people whose opinions I trust passes me by so completely, so I'm inclined to think there must be more to it.

Maybe it just isn't your thing. I thought the film was a fairly decent representation of the book, but obviously left out a fair bit.

Triple Bill on night shift last night

Last Boy Scout/ The Monster Squad/ Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon is a class night shift film like. Up there with Any which way but loose

Did you catch Top Gun the other night? That's perfect night shift viewing. Do the admin shit while he's fannying about being all emotional and shit with the girl, then focus on the film when they're flying about saying shit like "Yeehaw, Jester'd Dead" :icon_lol:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Thought the film was dire and incapable of delivering the emotion of the last book (which was also overrated IMO) and spent over two hours delivering the most annoying example of bathos in a film I have ever seen. None of the deaths seemed to matter either, even Voldemort's; everything happened far too quickly. Perhaps the most annoying part for me was the changes made from the book. The entire bloody storyline was simplified to the point where I felt condescended. The book offers at least some philosophical insight into where Potter got his relationship with Voldemort and how he can transcend his own death, yet the film just cobbles together some shitty white background/Gandalf crossover that offered nothing.

Thankfully I only had to pay £4.30 to see it in 3D. I would've been pretty put out had I been charged more for that part of the experience.

Really disappointed in this one, thank fuck it's finally over.

if you paid 4 pound 30 what about drinks and popcorn is that included in it. you do realise movies on box office are 3.99 roughly cheaper than cinemas

if you paid 4 pound 30 what about drinks and popcorn is that included in it. you do realise movies on box office are 3.99 roughly cheaper than cinemas

Brought in a bag of minstrels.

You show me where I could've seen the latest Potter film on Box Office and I'll tip my hat to you.

Rango

First mention in this thread? Surprising. Steeped in Leone style, I loved it.

First ever movie I brought my 2 year old to see in the cinema. She only lasted an hour. I loved what I saw though.

Harry Potter - Fucking load of shite. Can't belive Rowling allowed it. Shite acting, a build up to a huge climax that just fizzled out and just a vacuous sense of bathos the entire goddam film.

At least I only paid £4.30 to see it in 3D. Mind you, like all 3D movies the effect was barely utilised.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Thought the film was dire and incapable of delivering the emotion of the last book (which was also overrated IMO) and spent over two hours delivering the most annoying example of bathos in a film I have ever seen.

Thankfully I only had to pay £4.30 to see it in 3D. I would've been pretty put out had I been charged more for that part of the experience.

Really disappointed in this one, thank fuck it's finally over.

^_^

so bad you saw it twice in a couple of days!! :)

thought I'd read the word bathos (rather than pathos) already on the board in the last few days, and thought it might be the new in word. but no, just the same poster, doing the same review. odd

at least it made me look up bathos, so my vocabulary is one word stronger.

Edited by Neville Neville Neville