Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Fire in Babylon is worth a watch for any cricket fans btw. Also the Botham doc (also v. good) that was on last week is being repeated on Wednesday on BBC 2 at 11.30 pm-ish

Rango.

Loved it. Animation was class too.

If you're a self proclaimed western geek like me, you'll love it too.

It's pretty geeky that the biggest thrill in it for me was the sound of the windmill creaking round.

^_^

:)

Harry Potter - Fucking load of shite. Can't belive Rowling allowed it. Shite acting, a build up to a huge climax that just fizzled out and just a vacuous sense of bathos the entire goddam film.

At least I only paid £4.30 to see it in 3D. Mind you, like all 3D movies the effect was barely utilised.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Thought the film was dire and incapable of delivering the emotion of the last book (which was also overrated IMO) and spent over two hours delivering the most annoying example of bathos in a film I have ever seen.

Thankfully I only had to pay £4.30 to see it in 3D. I would've been pretty put out had I been charged more for that part of the experience.

Really disappointed in this one, thank fuck it's finally over.

^_^

so bad you saw it twice in a couple of days!! :)

thought I'd read the word bathos (rather than pathos) already on the board in the last few days, and thought it might be the new in word. but no, just the same poster, doing the same review. odd

at least it made me look up bathos, so my vocabulary is one word stronger.

I think I'd had a few sips of alcymahol that night. ;)

It was a fucking shit film though.

The last two have been the best of the Potter films by a mile tbh. Pointless getting your kegs in a twist cos it was slightly different to the books - they turned the last book into over 4.5 hours of film to get as much in as possible.

The last two have been the best of the Potter films by a mile tbh. Pointless getting your kegs in a twist cos it was slightly different to the books - they turned the last book into over 4.5 hours of film to get as much in as possible.

They've all been wank tbh. They crammed eveything into part one so there was nowt going on in the second.

Was I really 8 when they first came out?! Bloody hell. What went wrong? ^_^

Catfish. Documentary about some bloke (early 20s) that befriends an 8 year old lass on Facebook after she sends him a painting of a photograph he took (the photo was published). Anyway, he then gets chatting to her mam and her 19 year old half-sister who is fittttt. Gradually him and the 19 year old start having a bit of an online romance. Then it slowly becomes apparent that things are not quite as they seem.

It's good, worth a watch. And only 1.5 hours long so it stays interesting.

Unstoppable. Action thing with Denzel and the kid who played Capt Kirk on the new Star Trek. A big fuckoff runaway train is careering through middle America, and it's up to Denzel and this kid to stop it. It was ok, but honestly if it had have fucking exploded and killed everyone you wouldn't really have cared.

Canny, definitely worth a watch. Not sure if I believe there isn't a bit of creative editing mind. I don't doubt she did it, I'm just not sure they were aware earlier than they made out.

Catfish. Documentary about some bloke (early 20s) that befriends an 8 year old lass on Facebook after she sends him a painting of a photograph he took (the photo was published). Anyway, he then gets chatting to her mam and her 19 year old half-sister who is fittttt. Gradually him and the 19 year old start having a bit of an online romance. Then it slowly becomes apparent that things are not quite as they seem.

Canny, definitely worth a watch. Not sure if I believe there isn't a bit of creative editing mind. I don't doubt she did it, I'm just not sure they were aware earlier than they made out.

There's industry rumours that it might actually be a mockumentary with a bit more than creative editing going on.

They've all been wank tbh. They crammed eveything into part one so there was nowt going on in the second.

Was I really 8 when they first came out?! Bloody hell. What went wrong? :mellow:

Went and saw it in 3D with daughter (who's a big HP fan) and we enjoyed it on the whole. The books were much better than the films imo but the latter whilst a bit disappointing have hardly been "wank". The biggest failing for me is Daniel Radcliffe who's wooden and unconvincing in the lead role and looks like a wet blanket. I can't stand that lipless grin of his either, more Harry Enfield than Harry Potter iyam.

I'll be honest I've spent most of my time rooting for Voldemort to kill the little spaccer.

Source Code: 4.5 out of 5.

Wasted on the Young: set in a private school, where a student party goes off the rails, and the aftermath is the focal point of the story ie, destroying reputations via IT social networking - twitter/facebook etc. Worth a look, and a far removal from the atypical revenge flick. 4 out of 5.

I saw Sin City not that long ago. The kid from the LOTR's (Wood) best work, and there was no dialogue, as the cat/cannibal boy.

Edited by Year Zero

Unstoppable. Action thing with Denzel and the kid who played Capt Kirk on the new Star Trek. A big fuckoff runaway train is careering through middle America, and it's up to Denzel and this kid to stop it. It was ok, but honestly if it had have fucking exploded and killed everyone you wouldn't really have cared.

I don't get why he didn't just fuck her. I mean, they'd travelled all that way, may as well.

Tron Legacy again. Still brilliant

I saw Tron Legacy for the first time last night - I thought it was pretty good; it looked great and the soundtrack worked well, but some of the dialogue was a bit too cheesy, and I can't help feeling they could have done a lot more with the idea than they actually did. Still decent, though.