Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

With the Hulk, can he control himself or not? I didn't really understand that bit.

The basic idea is that he has a hair trigger when it comes to his anger. He's always angry, and the Hulk is always trying to get out. Sufficient provocation and he can't control his rage and the Hulk comes out. If he simply stops trying to keep a lid on it, the Hulk comes out.

It's like Stevie, he's always secretly hating Liverpool and Villa, and that side is always trying to get out. Sufficient provocation and he can no longer control it and there is an outpouring of stats, anecdotes and statements. ;)

No, can the Hulk control himself? On the plane/space ship he went mental and tried to kill everyone yet in the battle towards the end he was working as part of a team and helping others out. It was just one of many issues that made the entire film shit.

No, can the Hulk control himself? On the plane/space ship he went mental and tried to kill everyone yet in the battle towards the end he was working as part of a team and helping others out. It was just one of many issues that made the entire film shit.

its down to banner, like fish said, Hulk comes out either when Banner lets off the reigns, like in the final battle or when he loses control, like on the ship

loses control = mental hulk

allows him loose = slightly less mental hulk

aye, catwomans not going to be right either.

im kinda down on it really, probably a good thing since it wont disappoint

Hope that next batman movie is good fwiw, really enjoyed the last two, but think they've made a mistake using bane for the badguy (he's meant to be a huge fecker like 7ft tall) and from the trailers he's no bigger in size really than batman

To be fair, Bane isn't just a massive idiot bad-guy. He's a brilliant ruthless criminal, who also happens to be ridiculously strong.

the only thing I think they've fucked up so far is the speech of both Batman and Bane. I honestly think straining to understand a fucking word may very well detract from the movie

aye i know he's not but the whole point is he's massive and ridiculously strong as well as a mastermind, in this he's just about tall :lol:

they should've just redone mr freeze or the riddler properly tbh

Mr Freeze would have been shit. Riddler could have been good if they moved away from the mania and ramped up the sinister games side of things. Mind, I suppose that'd be too close to Saw etc. Bane's a decent choice because he's not been done before and of the Batman enemies he's one of the least camp. I've said it before, but had Ledger been around, the third movie would have been his trial, Harley Quin, Cat Woman and A.N.Other bad guy (probably Scarecrow as he's been in the first two), and frankly the Trial of the Joker would have been a perfect denouement for Nolan's trilogy.

Mr Freeze would have been shit. Riddler could have been good if they moved away from the mania and ramped up the sinister games side of things. Mind, I suppose that'd be too close to Saw etc. Bane's a decent choice because he's not been done before and of the Batman enemies he's one of the least camp. I've said it before, but had Ledger been around, the third movie would have been his trial, Harley Quin, Cat Woman and A.N.Other bad guy (probably Scarecrow as he's been in the first two), and frankly the Trial of the Joker would have been a perfect denouement for Nolan's trilogy.

ahem

BaneJS.jpg

Which film is that from?

that I don't remember him at all suggests that this Bane wasn't anything more than a henchman?

Scarecrow who went from a main bad guy to a petty criminal getting beaten up in a car park? Think that character ran his course.

Bane was in Batman & Robin as Andrew says as Poison Ivy's main henchman. The only thing they got right about the character was the fact he was a big bloke with chemicals pumped through him.

what a god awful film that was.

the problem with the "gritty" batman is that it needs to retain a level of grounded-ness, no magical enemies, which is why Ras al ghul was a pale imitation of himself, no over sci-fi enemies like mr freeze.

even the current comic books which are really good with the court of owls are out.

They absolutely nailed Mr. Freeze though; I think actors would be too intimidated to play that role after Arnold Schwarzenegger so embodied the character's very essence, imbuing him with a glitter of humanity as well as his undeniable evil.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Scarecrow who went from a main bad guy to a petty criminal getting beaten up in a car park? Think that character ran his course.

Bane was in Batman & Robin as Andrew says as Poison Ivy's main henchman. The only thing they got right about the character was the fact he was a big bloke with chemicals pumped through him.

Thing is, Scarecrow could have absolutely returned as an underboss of a more ingenious bad guy, like the Joker or Riddler or even Bane. He's not a main bad guy, not even in the first film, he's a puppet. Still can be a useful plot device though.

No he can't, Dave.

Why not? Joker definitely could have manipulated him, ditto Riddler etc. Batman isn't great at crowd control, who better than Scarecrow to spread the disarray the Joker loves, or the confusion that the Riddler loves than a Pharmo-psychiatrist?

Marvel Avengers Assemble

Really enjoyed it, especially the Hulk. About time they got it right on that front.

The first half hour was very average though, took a bit too long setting things in motion.

Also saw Avengers this evening, also really enjoyed it. Thought the balance of involvement between characters was impressively well done as was the humour. The best film I've seen at the cinema for a while. Some of the Hulk's scenes were quality

i think there's a difference between remembering about comics you read as a kid and having a garage full of pinball machines as an adult like.

Nice attempt at a save but none of your posts mention past tense nerd boy. IT and comics? Have you ever had sex ;)