Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Aye cheers for that , it's obviously a stirring watch - looking forward to seeing it . The whole background of the jagged times the characters involved in making the film were having at the time adds to the film's power and mistique for me and I think you articulated that very well. Nice one - 7.5/10 .

• 2 weeks later...

The Raid: Redemption

Indonesian film which is absolutely nuts but brilliant at the same time too. I thought the soundtrack worked really well in parts too, especially in the sniper bit.

Two documentaries.

Being Elmo.

I Think We're Alone Now.

Both very good and available on US Netflix.

Every time they pop up on Netflix I remind myself that I need to get around to them.

Ive heard that Being Elmo is awesome like. Any more detail as to what its crack is?

Pretty simple biography of the man who voices/shoves his hand up Elmo's arse. A good watch though.

I think we're alone now is another kettle of trout. Focusing on 2 chaps who have stalked/been obsessed with Tiffany since her popularity.

Both are easy 90minute flicks. Well worth a gander.

kray2010.jpg

KRAY

One of the best films I've seen in the last decade. A must watch. 8.2/10

"The action takes place shortly after the end of the Second World War in the Siberian hinterland, among Russians and Germans with damaged personal stories and a strange transformation: the victors seem to be crawling into the skins of the defeated, and vice versa. Ignat, is the embodiment of the larger-than-life image of the Soviet victorious warrior who, in fact, proves to be shell-shocked, sick and broken, although not completely destroyed. Trains become fetish for the heroes of the film, and speed becomes a mania; they virtually become one with their steam engines, while the machines take on human names. The heroes set up an almost fatal race in the Siberian forest, risking their own lives and those of others."

Edited by Park Life

Fright Night (2011)

Mother of god this was a bad movie. It is listed as horror/comedy which I can dig - anything from the Evil Dead trilogy to Shaun of the Dead I'm prepared to have a deek at in the name of gut-removing laughter. Sadly, Fright Night got it wrong...very wrong. The tone of the movie was so odd that it was difficult to place the characters which were nothing we hadn't seen in other teen horrors/comedies. The acting was not bad, insofar as the actors seemed to do as best they could with the characters they were given, even Colin Farrell, who, apart from In Bruges I have very little time for. What was worst about this movie however is that the comedy element was completely lost on me, and my lass who i watched it with. Seriously, I don't know whether it was this unique brand of comedy from one particular part of Las Vegas or something, but my god.... It was just not funny. There was nothing to this movie that I would advocate as a must see to anyone. I have not seen the original, and I don't know whether I can be bothered after that monstrosity. I know that is an unhealthy approach to watching movies. But Fright Night (2011) was 90 minutes of my life ill never get back. Cant be arsed to waste any more!

2/10.

Saw the trailer for the Total Recall remake.

It looks atrocious. Absolute shite. It's also nailed on that the chick with 3 boobs will have them CGI'd too. :angry2:

The story is slightly different apparently. I dont think they even go to Mars. Directed by Len Wiseman. I'm not hopeful.

The story is slightly different apparently. I dont think they even go to Mars. Directed by Len Wiseman. I'm not hopeful.

No Mars and no mutants apparently - however the aforementioned 3 breasted lady is supposed to make an appearance! If you believe the rumor-mil anyway.

Uninvited. Was canny actually. Was about to go to bed last night just as it started. Saw it had Emily Browning so watched it. Horror flick.