Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Sitars produce synchopated, distinct rhythms and complex melodys that can be hard to follow. Because Gemmill has been fitted with an electronic device regulating his heartbeat, he can only follow simple rhythm patterns, such as 4/4 or 3/4. He is unable to comprehend the more advanced rhythms involved in Indian music. Also, being a so-called accountant he is used to a materialistic lifestyle and doesn't like the sound of an instrument that is often played in mud huts and sewers.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Watched Part 2 of the Harrison documentary this morning. Really good stuff. Get it watched if you're remotely interested, and don't be put off by the length of it - amazing that you can watch a 3.5 hour documentary on someone's life and not be bored for a second.

Cabin in the woods.

Story is poor, no tension, but a classic b movie style romp. Funny in parts and decent effects without going ott on gore.

It's basically modern Evil Dead with an extra 30 mins

Saw it today...owes a bit to from dusk till dawn and the NZ slasher pic with the kung fu vicar iyam...monsters straight out of Buffy/Angel according to the missus, I think the writer and director are the same pair that produced the tv shows.

Saw it today...owes a bit to from dusk till dawn and the NZ slasher pic with the kung fu vicar iyam...monsters straight out of Buffy/Angel according to the missus, I think the writer and director are the same pair that produced the tv shows.

Drew Goddard the director worked on the last seasons of Buffy and Angel as a writer ( some fantastic eps on both) and then moved on to Alias, 24 and Lost. He also wrote Cloverfield. Joss Whedon who wrote Cabin in the Woods was the main man on Buffy/Angel (and Firefly for that matter).

Saw The Hunger Games tonight. Pretty much as expected - diverting entertainment for a weeknight, albeit about as deep as a puddle.

Going to watch the Avengers movie at the GReenwich IMAX at 17:20 on the 30th if you fancy it*?

*and if anybody wants to know when the best time to rob my house is

Going to watch the Avengers movie at the GReenwich IMAX at 17:20 on the 30th if you fancy it*?

*and if anybody wants to know when the best time to rob my house is

Not my cup of tea really, although if there's the promise of a hasty fumble in the back row... might just rob your house instead though.

Anyone seen Funny Games (US version) from 2007?

I thought it was a terrific film, probably in my all time top 20. It was gripping, uncomfortable, realistic and horrific at times. 9/10 and would strongly recommend it