Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I know these things are generally matters of opinion but baggio, your opinion is wrong.

I should probably point out that I'm not a comic book nerd that gets excited by men in tights if that helps.

ignorance

what a good defence.

My defence is I went to watch it without knowing any back story to the characters like some people who get giddy because they grew up with the comic books.

It was a very average film, one that I wouldn't watch again if it was on tv.

I want to see the Avengers, but I know I'm gonna want to walk out when the inevitable big CGI snoozefest battle starts. Worst part of all these super hero films.

for that it depends how into the characters you allow yourself to get before it all kicks of.

Well I'm looking forward to the Avengers despite thinking Thor was patchy and switching Captain America off half way through because I was bored.

I do however trust Joss Whedon.

Not really. I know the superheroes are gonna win. I don't need them to dedicate the last third of the film to them noisily knocking down buildings with one another's heads.

I'll save you all the bother of going and tell you now that it's shite.

What, Rocky?

It's not that bad.

End of the day if you're going to watch Marvel's Avengers Assemble, (which is about a man-chld in a robot suit, a piece of Americana, a huge green monster, a shoehorned-in sexy assassin lady and a Norse God saving the world from another Norse god/Mandatory English badguy and identikit lizardy bad guy aliens, while Samuel L Jackson plays Samuel L Jackson pretending to be a Machiavellian family counsellor) expecting anything other than good fun, you're a fucking idiot whose decision making privileges revoked.

Gemmill, you will enjoy it because it's a laugh and you don't need every film you watch to be a chin stroking study of 1930's Cambodian pottery/ Ewerk and Baggio didn't enjoy it because they're cunts. End off.

Imo it's a cracking popcorn blockbuster that provides laughs, a bit of "mild peril" and skips along at a good pace.

AosFHklCQAAlooA.jpg

Edited by The Fish

American Reunion: do I really need to write anything? You've all seen at least the first one and this is more of the same. Some genuinely funny moments but it's not as good as the original and isn't up to the standard of The Hangover (pt.1) the major problem in my eyes was the funniest scene was the very first one and it didn't quite reach that level again. Still it will make you chuckle a couple of times and there's plenty scantily clad nubile young ladies in it. 6/10

I will forever be grateful to the American Pie franchise for Shannon Elizabeth in the first film. Can't understand why anyone fancies the ginger gimp though. The lass, not the Shermanator.

Edited by Gemmill

Really liked Avengers.  First time I can remember Hulk has ever been entertaining.  Plus they didn't have too much of Thor being a boring bastard.  Two stand out moments with Hulk made the (full) cinema burst into laughter for quite a while.  If you've seen it you probably know which ones.

American Pie, well, echo what's been said really.  S'alright.