Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Yeah I also don't really understand all the fuss around Gravity. OK, nothing more.

I think the 3D was amazing making it something special in the cinema. In time though it will be pretty much forgotten as beyond the amazing technical stuff, it's nothing special in terms of story and wont reward repeated viewings.

The Damned United. Don't know why I'd not fancied watching this for so long as it's excellent. I don't know how true a lot of it is and I know there's certainly Leeds fans who to me missed the point that it was all about how Clough saw things and not necessarily how they really were. But whatever the accuracy I thought it was really funny and Sheen was bang on as Clough.

I've borrowed the book to have a read of now too.

Under The Skin.

Just fantastic. Score is phenomenal and directing is stunning. So unapologetically warped and fucked up. There is a scene on a beach that is brutal.

You will never have a one night stand again.

Just saw the Grand Budapest Hotel, really enjoyed it, lots of very good performances. Ralph Fiennes was hilarious in it.

Bet it looks fantastic as well. Doesn't open down under for a little while yet unfortunately.

Bet it looks fantastic as well. Doesn't open down under for a little while yet unfortunately.

Yeah, it looked bizarre at times but it all worked really well. The uses of 'bad' CGI worked great as well. I'll definitely be giving it another watch sometime, especially as I missed Bill Murray's cameo. Shame it's not out down there, it luckily has a run at a cinema right next to me as the closest one after that is a good hour or so drive away.

Those videos are interesting Happy Face, he definitely uses both those shots extensively in Grand Budapest Hotel, of course the videos have some examples from the trailer but there are a lot of shots of Ralph Fiennes character and his friend Zero's faces close up and centered. Beautiful film.

Re Pitt and Leo, If you'd told me at the back end of the 90s that of that group of 90s heart throbs, by 2014 Leo, Pitt and Clooney are all doing far more respected performances in far better movies than Depp I'd have laughed in your face. Laughed!