Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

"Selma"

Bored the tits off me, probably because I've read and watched a lot about that movement and period of time. The lead role is played well. It shows King's reservations more than anything other documented.

I read a bit up about him afterwards and he was a bit of a fraud really, different name, cheated at university, Stole his famous speech off someone else, had a love for white prostitutes even with a wife and four children and used to accept money from communist organisations to fund his movements.

Ant recommended Big Hero 6 to me for the bairn. I only remembered to tell him this morning to be met with "Yeah, yeah. I know about it. It's about this big robot who gets turned into a superhero. My dad is taking me to see it"

Okay then :(:lol:

Caught up with Inglourious Basterds (there's been some good stuff on FilmFour recently). The usual Tarantino fripperies are predictably irritating - the big arrow pointing at Martin Bormann was almost enough for me to give up :lol: - but an enjoyable enough romp all in all, language-nerd quibbles about accents and dialects notwithstanding.

American Sniper. Canny but not great.

Horrible Bosses 2. Much like the first one it was pretty good. Bateman, Day and Sudeikis are all very likeable.

Grand Budapest Hotel. Of all of the films being talked up for awards this is the best one I've seen so far. Typically quirky from Wes Anderson but with a better plot than most of his stuff.

Ant recommended Big Hero 6 to me for the bairn. I only remembered to tell him this morning to be met with "Yeah, yeah. I know about it. It's about this big robot who gets turned into a superhero. My dad is taking me to see it"

Okay then :(:lol:

:lol: It's quality like.

Not that makes you feel any better. :lol:

Nearly put it off in the first 20 minutes with fucking Cooper walking around with an underbite talking like a complete retard. The bit where he's watching the planes fly into the towers going "Look what they did to urrrrrs."

He was like a white Bubba Gump.

Anyway I fell asleep and woke up for the end.

American Sniper. Canny but not great.

Horrible Bosses 2. Much like the first one it was pretty good. Bateman, Day and Sudeikis are all very likeable.

Grand Budapest Hotel. Of all of the films being talked up for awards this is the best one I've seen so far. Typically quirky from Wes Anderson but with a better plot than most of his stuff.

Loved GBH, terrific fun. If anyone else who liked it missed the Wes Anderson symmetry videos, they're well worth a watch....

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/374-film-you-most-recently-watched/page-730#entry1268615

Caught up with Inglourious Basterds (there's been some good stuff on FilmFour recently). The usual Tarantino fripperies are predictably irritating - the big arrow pointing at Martin Bormann was almost enough for me to give up :lol: - but an enjoyable enough romp all in all, language-nerd quibbles about accents and dialects notwithstanding.

The bar scene is the best.