Allan Saint-Maximin

Anorthernsoul

On 04/07/2023 at 11:13, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Check on me for what? ASM being a fashion icon is already known 

What's the stat for aimlessly dribbling into a blind alley and giving the ball away? Or is that just general "creativity"?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

LMAO

Fishy and I were discussing his statement "Barnes is more creative than Maxi".

Which I completely and utterly destroyed.

Then you guys come in frothing at the mouh, discussing things that had nothing to do with the topic, zero comprehension skills.

Numpties lol

When you put things in these "" it means that thing is a verbatim quote. I didn't say Barnes was more creative than ASM, I said he would replace ASM's creativity. and he would.

Across their Premier League careers, 

image.png.c342727efa2226c6ced209f5f4579e0e.png

image.png.36a583b947431036565a2e2726aeeb62.png

So, HB has fewer shot creating actions, but more goal creating actions. 

Defensively per 90;

image.thumb.png.e425757897500066d97c667ea2d4981a.png

It's not even close.

I want to be clear, I like ASM, he's fun to watch. But where we are now, we've a chance to actually win things and fun to watch isn't enough any more. When we were dossing about the midtable, managed by the human equivalent of bin juice, the only things that got me interested in watching a match were a sense of duty and Saint Maximin. But now, we've got several seriously good players, playing good football.

• Like 7

I’d like to see what ASM can do in the champions league. I imagine he would raise his game playing on that stage, as he tends to do when we play the bigger PL clubs.

I also agree with the consensus that he perhaps Howe doesn’t trust him - plus he is one of the few players we could get some cash for, to help with FFP.

The other one is Miggy. We are unlikely to ever get as much money for Miggy as we could at the moment after the season he just had. Could probably get £30m for him, maybe £40m for ASM, who is three years younger.

If we have to sell someone for around £30-40m to help finance incomings, I’d be tempted to shift Miggy before ASM. 

15 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

Anyone know what the name of the stat for time spent sitting on your ass after falling over in the opposition third after losing the ball while your team mates bust their ass to get back to defend?

xASM

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’d like to see what ASM can do in the champions league. I imagine he would raise his game playing on that stage, as he tends to do when we play the bigger PL clubs.

This is precisely why Howe doesn't fancy him. He demands, above all else, consistency of effort. He'll forgive poor performance if the effort is there. And it's the one thing he doesn't get from ASM.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I also agree with the consensus that he perhaps Howe doesn’t trust him - plus he is one of the few players we could get some cash for, to help with FFP.

The other one is Miggy. We are unlikely to ever get as much money for Miggy as we could at the moment after the season he just had. Could probably get £30m for him, maybe £40m for ASM, who is three years younger.

If we have to sell someone for around £30-40m to help finance incomings, I’d be tempted to shift Miggy before ASM. 

If we're only shifting one, do we sell the guy who got double figures last season, who is perfect for the way Howe has us playing, and who has a cheeky little grin, Orrrrrrrr sell the more gifted but ultimately inapposite, perma-crock with the NFT side hustle?

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If we're only shifting one, do we sell the guy who got double figures last season, who is perfect for the way Howe has us playing, and who has a cheeky little grin, Orrrrrrrr sell the more gifted but ultimately inapposite, perma-crock with the NFT side hustle?

if you keep ASM for one more season and it doesn't work out, you could still get a decent chunk of cash for him next season. Miggy, I'm not so sure, as he'll be the wrong side of 30.

they will both arguably have to be upgraded in the next year or two given our direction of travel. i have a feeling ASM could be more effective than Miggy in the champions league

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

if you keep ASM for one more season and it doesn't work out, you could still get a decent chunk of cash for him next season. Miggy, I'm not so sure, as he'll be the wrong side of 30.

they will both arguably have to be upgraded in the next year or two given our direction of travel. i have a feeling ASM could be more effective than Miggy in the champions league

That's fair. 

I just think ASM will command a bigger fee now, even after Almiron's good season. Given our commercial revenue will continue to increase I don't think we need to worry too much about getting a big fee for Almiron, especially as he's more of a round peg for Howe's style.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Fish said:

When you put things in these "" it means that thing is a verbatim quote. I didn't say Barnes was more creative than ASM, I said he would replace ASM's creativity. and he would.

Defensively per 90;

It's not even close.

I want to be clear, I like ASM, he's fun to watch. But where we are now, we've a chance to actually win things and fun to watch isn't enough any more. When we were dossing about the midtable, managed by the human equivalent of bin juice, the only things that got me interested in watching a match were a sense of duty and Saint Maximin. But now, we've got several seriously good players, playing good football.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Not away from home he wouldn't. I get your point though. Id personally move him on as soon as we get a decent offer. He saved us under the Ashley years and has unbelievable ability but he just doesn't fit into our team at all now.

I wish him all the best and don't have a bad word to say about him. Evolution.

• Like 6

I'd keep Almiron unless a silly 35M+ (Looking at you Al Ahli) bid came in. He's in his prime, gets Eddie's system and fits the team culture, and could still bag some useful goal involvements in a long season where his energy will be important.  

Anything north of 35M for Maxi and we should get rid sharpish. As others have said, I'll always like him, but we have evolved and he just hasn't. 

• Like 2

On 11/07/2023 at 18:00, The Fish said:

Defensively per 90;

It's not even close.

Youre being very disingenuous with the time period and stat choices. 

Harvey does not have creative bone in his body, that is fact. 

He will unlikely score the same amount of goals with us.

And for the all the people going "he's a grafter" "hes a eddie player"

lmao.

The stats dont back that either.

Wyki, if ASM gets your blood pressure up, bumbling barnes is going to send your poor heart to the hospital, go visit their forums and ask

jI9h0vp.png

Episode 4 Fainting GIF by One Chicago

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Youre being very disingenuous with the time period and stat choices. 

Harvey does not have creative bone in his body, that is fact. 

He will unlikely score the same amount of goals with us.

And for the all the people going "he's a grafter" "hes a eddie player"

lmao.

The stats dont back that either.

Wyki, if ASM gets your blood pressure up, bumbling barnes is going to send your poor heart to the hospital, go visit their forums and ask

jI9h0vp.png

Episode 4 Fainting GIF by One Chicago

Who under Rodgers was good at pressing for them?  Last couple of seasons they were woeful.

If ASM was the all singing and dancing player you make out.  Why don't we have a line of clubs wanting to buy him?  He is a bit part player from now on.  That's it.  With the tourney Gordon has had, he's even further down the line.  

34 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Who under Rodgers was good at pressing for them?  Last couple of seasons they were woeful.

they finished 8th, 5th and 5th the 3 seasons before buddy. Brendan is known for being a pressing side, BB let him down

mark-henry.gif

34 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If ASM was the all singing and dancing player you make out.  Why don't we have a line of clubs wanting to buy him?  He is a bit part player from now on.  That's it.  With the tourney Gordon has had, he's even further down the line.  

Because Eddie knows a top player when he sees one and has no intention to sell, said 2 days go.

“He has so much ability, and he’s such an important player for us. He’s unique, there’s no one like him in the Premier League.

There isn't anyone quite like Saint-Maximin, an extraordinary dribbler capable of turning a game on its head with his pace and footwork."

Bumbling Barnes is just a smoke screen.

Headless chook up the line? After playing some kids? Come off it 

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer

6 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

they finished 8th, 5th and 5th the 3 seasons before buddy. Brendan is known for being a pressing side, BB let him down

mark-henry.gif

Because Eddie knows a top player when he sees one and has no intention to sell, said 2 days go.

“He has so much ability, and he’s such an important player for us. He’s unique, there’s no one like him in the Premier League.

There isn't anyone quite like Saint-Maximin, an extraordinary dribbler capable of turning a game on its head with his pace and footwork."

Bumbling Barnes is just a smoke screen.

Headless chook up the line? After playing some kids? Come off it 

Brendan is not known for pressing. At all. He's known for patient passing, wearing down the opposition until they make a mistake. Pardew had his number a fucking decade ago. Swing and a miss babygirl.

That Eddie quote isn't saying he's not for sale, he's saying he's dead good at dribbling, which he is. Also, as an aside, if you've sold anything, ever, you'll know to talk it up and make it seem like you don't actually want to sell it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

babygirl.

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Brendan is not known for pressing. At all.

"The only time we rest is when we have the ball." 

Now you're outright lying. From Swansea, Liverpool, Celtic and Leicester, up until last season where it all went wrong, they were a high pressing side. 

1 minute ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Now you're outright lying. From Swansea, Liverpool, Celtic and Leicester, up until last season where it all went wrong, they were a high pressing side. 

Everytime you have tried to out stat Fish, you've lost

tom cruise movie review GIF

2 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

His last 2 seasons at Leicester they were 9th and 12th for Passes per Defensive Action. His last season at Liverpool they were 9th (I can't find stats earlier).

So even if he's reaching for a high pressure style, he's failing spectacularly. 

Go buy some of this while you read this. What you do with this is up to you, realistically you have two choices.