Allan Saint-Maximin

Anorthernsoul

If ASM leaves (and I think he will if a bid of £30m+ comes in), it will feel a bit like the Shelvey transfer in Jan. He’ll leave on good terms in a deal which suits all parties. 

ASM is never going to be first choice in the intense press & counter system that’s got us into the champions league, and we’re blessed with plenty of others who can play that position. The extra FPP headroom can then be used to add depth where we really need it (midfield/fullbacks/right wing).

Meanwhile, ASM gets to terrorise defenses on the continent somewhere where the fitness requirements won’t be quite as intense, and he’ll probably have a longer career with fewer injuries as a result.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i thought you were our resident statto  

image.thumb.png.f597be2f1baed2f28a957e3bfd195377.png

I like good stats, not wonky stats. 

Needs to be a lower tolerance in terms of playing time.

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

LTA has taken a right fuckin shoeing in this thread mind :cuppa:

image.png

Absolutely no chance of St Maxi getting benched or moved on for this guy. Creates nothing, scores nothing, provides absolutely nothing in attack which is his job. 

As a great man once said:

"Señor, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for the headless chook."

1 minute ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

image.png

Absolutely no chance of St Maxi getting benched or moved on for this guy. Creates nothing, scores nothing, provides absolutely nothing in attack which is his job. 

Hasn't he scored exactly the same amount as ASM for us this season?

1 hour ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

image.png

Headless chook? Well done for not rushing to judgement on a young player who was settling in to a new team and city this season

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Kitman said:

Headless chook? Well done for not rushing to judgement on a young player who was settling in to a new team and city this season

:lol: Aye, he also played for the worst attacking side in the league for half the season which heavily impacts his statistics, as seen by his shooting ones which show his accuracy despite getting the opportunity to shoot as much when compared to his peers, as well as his defensive stats. 

D2030916-B881-4B93-B29B-F06049C495F9.jpeg

620101EC-9C9C-477E-A55F-698EA14FA9DB.jpeg
Compared to the same stats for ASM:

DA5448BB-1DAA-4D5E-8010-4B02F42B2E52.jpeg

936C6E7F-A39C-4E01-8A6C-F096F3AECD86.jpeg

We can play around with stats all day to shape narrative how we want tbh, the thing that’s clear is ASM doesn’t mesh with Howe’s style of play - he suits a style where he gets all the ball and can do his mazy runs to the corner flag to his hearts content. Gordon is a youth prospect tbh. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

I think Gordon was signed as much to be a utility player as anything else. His physique, athleticism and ability to cover the front 3 positions plus midfield is a great thing for a side in Europe and still lacking in depth. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Howay said:

We can play around with stats all day to shape narrative how we want tbh, the thing that’s clear is ASM doesn’t mesh with Howe’s style of play - he suits a style where he gets all the ball and can do his mazy runs to the corner flag to his hearts content. Gordon is a youth prospect tbh. 

A prospect has to be decent, hes horrendous.

Who gives a damn about a forward that makes a few tackles but cant score or assist. Lmao, he cant even dribble

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer

1 minute ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Who gives a damn about a forward that makes a few tackles but cant score or assist. Lmao

He outscored ASM this season, the stats show an accurate shooter of the ball and he’s just turned 23. It’s not just a few tackles, it’s showing how good he could be in our pressing system - the amount of times he challenges/tackles in the final third. If you want to write the bloke off it’s weird but up to you really. 

Eddie Howe and Dan Ashworth seem to rate him, enough to spend whatever we could under FFP to get him, that’s enough for me at the moment despite him not starring so far at the club - he admitted he needed to get up to speed with the squad and has stated he’s working through the summer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Who gives a damn about a forward that makes a few tackles but cant score or assist. Lmao

As Howay showed, he's getting in the right areas and the quality of his finishing is good. More time in a better team than Everton will allow him to improve those already decent metrics. 

One thing Gordon is not, is horrendous. Provides a good goal threat and way way more defensive contributions than ASM. 

• Like 2

Aye, ASM has known the levels required of Eddie and had a summer to get up to speed. The number of times ASM sat down on the ground after being tackled I am sure drove Eddie mad, compared to the likes of Miggy.

AG came from Fat Franks Shite-Show in Jan so has a summer to prove himself and I think he will come good

• Like 4

I have no idea what Gordon is supposed to do. He runs around a lot and likes to get stuck in but I've seen very little positive play from him while with us or Everton.